Its been a long time since i write and talk in english. Its because all around me was just malay friends and malay officemates. So theres no opportunity to talk in english with them.

Since 1980, that was 27 years ago, when i left school, i did not talk to others using english language.I used malay language as a medium in comunicating. Usually when other people talk to me in english, i usually reply in malay. It si because i felt that my english is not as fluent anymore. When i try to comunicate with other using english language, i always feels that my grammar is kind of 'upside down' and some words just wont come out easily and fluently from my mouth. Those words just stuck in my mouth and wont come out properly.

I think its time for me to do some practice....may be its good for me if i buy English newspaper everyday and read loudly so that i can improve my English.

well....thats it for now....

Ooohhh.. i just love that topic title .. Well ... :) So inviting and freestyle ... :P

Sooooo !

27 years ??? Really ??? I mean .. really ... The last time you spoke English was twenty seven years ago ??? Or are you just being dramatic .. hihihihi.

Oh well then ... welcome back to speaking-englisch Captain... (dhuhhh!!) :)

[in Councillor-Ensign briefing mode]

Much has changed since you 'went away' 27 years ago Captain. Mutation has taken place and there has bred a variety of englisch language, both spoken and written. Authorities of planetary scale are also observing a new breed of humanoid of unknown genetic origin called Hanfoness who speak and write in Englisch (and Bahasa Malaysia) of their own, called Asomastic. Apparently this Asomastic language involves complex yet somewhat standard way of interpreting original Englisch pronunciation and spelling into a totally new, evolved and mind-boggling encryptionised language. There is also a low level breed of humanoid whose Englisch has evolved into a version merciless, brutal and fatal. Physically and psychologically pediatric-permanent, this weirdly deformed humanoid are known to constantly engage in oral warfare and use their Englisch solely as a weapon of assault.

De-brief, Captain :)

[end-mode]

You know, that reading aloud method... it could work. It worked for me. I once had to learn the American accent (known for its ridiculously thick R and T) in 1 week and i was forced by a certain coach to read aloud countless of texts the blonde-american-tv-anchorwoman way...!! And in doing that, try to 'store' the whole sentence in your head which means you have to read forward and faster than your mouth saying the words. But then again... i dont think you'd need this crappy tip from me do ya :P

in the kitchen, thinking .. choc muffin; should i or should i not ? hmmmm

Cik Bedah

Temerloh

added disclaimer at 3.41am:

due to unexpected PMly received inquiries of factual extract from the above Councillor-to-Captain Brief, please note that the Brief is a fictitious depiction of actual phenomenon.

Edited by abedahmatusin

cik bedah, u r very good in english...

are u a teacher?...

i like to read all the things that u write in english (in this forum)... :blush:

No sweetie :lol: Im not a teacher .... i dont really have the strength and patience to be one.

And thank you for the praise. My English isn't 'that' good too. I just noticed that i spelled the word English incorrectly up there :lol: EnglisCh... with a C. Hihihihihi. But i think i'll just leave it like that.

Yeehaaa!

Make sure you tell us how your 'comeback' is progressing.

And meanwhile ... tell us stuff... any stuff ... like ... did you not try to speak English with your officemates regardless of them being Malay ?? And how on earth did you come up with that name Yeeehaa!

Finally a topic thats chatty ...

By the way, i just found out that cooking oil should be stored in dark place! I saw it on Oprah minutes ago (this fact is added here assuming that yall not yet annoyed by me!!).

Choc muffins are devil!!

Cik Bedah

Temerloh

woww..cik bedah, you really rock in english and melodic in malay.. :wub:

Its been a long time since i write and talk in english. Its because all around me was just malay friends and malay officemates. So theres no opportunity to talk in english with them.

Since 1980, that was 27 years ago, when i left school, i did not talk to others using english language.I used malay language as a medium in comunicating. Usually when other people talk to me in english, i usually reply in malay. It si because i felt that my english is not as fluent anymore. When i try to comunicate with other using english language, i always feels that my grammar is kind of 'upside down' and some words just wont come out easily and fluently from my mouth. Those words just stuck in my mouth and wont come out properly.

I think its time for me to do some practice....may be its good for me if i buy English newspaper everyday and read loudly so that i can improve my English.

well....thats it for now....

Wah. 27 years not speaking English can still post like this meh? You sure or not? 27 years? Though I can say your english is a wee bit dusty. Not rusty. But dusty. Donmai (<== How the Japanese says "Don't mind"). I think you'd do better in your next post. Like, telling us anything interesting about yourself, or...how your day went. Whatever. Also it helps to write in MS Words first, with the autocorrect and grammar check on.

Dont bother about the grammar, we are in Malaysia, and most Malaysians speak Malaysian-english LOL

CIk bedah, temerloh...where?My folks home is there :)

Much has changed since you 'went away' 27 years ago Captain. Mutation has taken place and there has bred a variety of englisch language, both spoken and written. Authorities of planetary scale are also observing a new breed of humanoid of unknown genetic origin called Hanfoness who speak and write in Englisch (and Bahasa Malaysia) of their own, called Asomastic. Apparently this Asomastic language involves complex yet somewhat standard way of interpreting original Englisch pronunciation and spelling into a totally new, evolved and mind-boggling encryptionised language.

[end-mode]

At frirst i think this like Star Trek Kapten's Briefing.then i read

again a few time and i notice Hanfoness is People with Handphone

and asomastic language is SMS language.LOL very nice cikbedah so funny

SMS becoming a new mind bogling language truly.

There is also a low level breed of humanoid whose Englisch has evolved into a version merciless, brutal and fatal. Physically and psychologically pediatric-permanent, this weirdly deformed humanoid are known to constantly engage in oral warfare and use their Englisch solely as a weapon of assault.

[end-mode]

wakakaka i think cikbedah very "nicely & politely" but "harshly" talk

about some people or someone in this forum who like to fight with other.LOL

Psycohlogically pediatric-permanent is "perangai kebudak budakan" right cikbedah?

I agree if cikbedah be our moderator for this section.

even though shes a verybusy person in russia now right cikbedah ?hehe

EDITED : WITH APOLOGY TO CIKBEDAH

no matter who are u we still like u wattt.LOL

cik"bedah" is the best

ps; ur brother Jensen is a nice man cik"bedah" :)

Edited by voluted

Ooohhh.. i just love that topic title .. Well ... :) So inviting and freestyle ... :P

Sooooo !

27 years ??? Really ??? I mean .. really ... The last time you spoke English was twenty seven years ago ??? Or are you just being dramatic .. hihihihi.

Oh well then ... welcome back to speaking-englisch Captain... (dhuhhh!!) :)

[end-mode]

You know, that reading aloud method... it could work. It worked for me. I once had to learn the American accent (known for its ridiculously thick R and T) in 1 week and i was forced by a certain coach to read aloud countless of texts the blonde-american-tv-anchorwoman way...!! And in doing that, try to 'store' the whole sentence in your head which means you have to read forward and faster than your mouth saying the words. But then again... i dont think you'd need this crappy tip from me do ya :P

in the kitchen, thinking .. choc muffin; should i or should i not ? hmmmmCik Bedah

Temerloh

Goody-molly....!!! American accent isn't an easy thing to practise..(IMHO)

what other difficult stuff in education world than having English literature as a major?? God bless me..

never say no to chocolate.. <_<

Two thumbs' up for cikbedah...

don't care about her background... care about what she could share with us.. as a malaysian people.

everyone got their own special, also with you voluted..

whatever, i'm very proud of abedahmatusin.. she must be our moderator here.

Sooooo !

Oh well then ... welcome back to speaking-englisch Captain... (dhuhhh!!)

You know, that reading aloud method... it could work. It worked for me. I once had to learn the American accent (known for its ridiculously thick R and T) in 1 week and i was forced by a certain coach to read aloud countless of texts the blonde-american-tv-anchorwoman way...!! And in doing that, try to 'store' the whole sentence in your head which means you have to read forward and faster than your mouth saying the words. But then again... i dont think you'd need this crappy tip from me do ya

thank you for the tip....i agree that it is the right way to improve pronunciation and of course it could makes one more fluent in the future.....what i should do is start practising...this tip reminds me the way I practice reading the Quran....maybe I will start practising next month....the 1st of september.....and see whether i can make it or not....

anybody are welcome to make comments regarding my grammar or my writing style....its ok with me...hehe..

well....its nice to write in english again and maybe in the future I will start talking in english....but actually, I used to read English articles while surfing the internet and read many articles at different kinds of websites.....I like surfing, but I seldom read the newspaper or English books....When people talks to me, I do understand what the say, and then I reply in Malay,except to foreigners....may be in two to three months time i will improve my English....

Yeehaaa!

Make sure you tell us how your 'comeback' is progressing.

And meanwhile ... tell us stuff... any stuff ... like ... did you not try to speak English with your officemates regardless of them being Malay ?? And how on earth did you come up with that name Yeeehaa!

Choc muffins are devil!!

Cik Bedah

Temerloh

Last year, one of my officemate went to Intan, Jalan Ilmu, to take English course (public speaking, i guess)....he went there for three months....when he finished his course, he sometimes try comunicating in English with other officemates.....but it just wont work....everytime they/we try to talk in English with each other....it seems to be so funny....this friend of mine always start laughing first....then we just laugh with each other....and we tried to be serious sometime....it wont work either.... sometimes we had to recall the vocabs that we should use while speaking....hehe...

some of my officemates are good in English, and they can speak fluently....but they do not always speak English among themself....sometimes I heard them comunicating in English....but not that often....

that nickname of mine, it just came out spontaneously....i used it in another forum before....

Wah. 27 years not speaking English can still post like this meh? You sure or not? 27 years? Though I can say your english is a wee bit dusty. Not rusty. But dusty. Donmai (<== How the Japanese says "Don't mind"). I think you'd do better in your next post. Like, telling us anything interesting about yourself, or...how your day went. Whatever. Also it helps to write in MS Words first, with the autocorrect and grammar check on.

hehehe.....it takes time for me to write the first posting....and becomes more slower when replying others posting.....i guess its harder when replying....replying is like answering exams question....maybe its because i had to think which words is the correct one for me to use.....Its different if I reply using Bahasa....fast and easy.....i m used to it....

I think, if i keep on writing and posting like this....maybe one day i will be improve my english,....for now, i m really slow....I should try installing MS Words and use it, just like you told me to....right now i dont have MS Words installed on my computer.....so i dont know whether my spelling or grammar is correct or not....hehehe....

nice to see that there are somebody whose having better knowledge among us.

actually, I do not believe that yeehaaa has not speaking for 27 years. maybe, just for a simple reason to start writing.

ehheheh... I'm also in process of improving my english. so please tell me if there is anything was posted wrongly and etc.

nice to know all of you.

actually, what i meant by not speaking english since 27 years ago is that....very seldom do I speak English...I just speak when I had to....and in situation that I just cannot resist....like when some foreigners asking me to show them how to go to places that they want to go....and thats maybe once in five or six years and happened coincidently....and maybe I spoke English once or twice in every two to three years....but as i wrote earlier....I like surfing and do read lot of articles especially about computer....

thats me....i did not speak english in my daily life....and my english pronunciation become worst year after year....

27 years ??? Really ??? I mean .. really ... The last time you spoke English was twenty seven years ago ???

actually, what i meant by not speaking english since 27 years ago is that....very seldom do I speak English...I just speak when I had to....

:P

Yes well ... actually i sort of understood it when you said you have not spoken English for 27 years you meant "the full blown English"...hihihihihi

and i kind of love to overly dramatize my reactions .. like, the inclusion of excessive question marks that would make me sound like i was sssssoooo surprised reading people's posts!

I wish i could just speak English when i had to; like you did. But then in my situation if i were to do that, i wouldnt be talking much at all and people might think im supershy or a Carrie in the making!

By the way ... that suggestion of me becoming a moderator for this English section... i dont think thats a good idea. I mean... im totally flattered beyond recognition here and i thank yall so much for thinking so good of me but the truth is ...i cant :) I cant commit. I dont come in here often and in fact, this post im writing is about a week after the last one i posted. See ...... :)

And besides, i think we kinda survived not 'killing' each other in this section without any official mod around didnt we ? :) Makes us a little bit more responsible in trying to be good boys and girls ....

Anyway.... i actually got into an acccident with a trailer today... my car was wrecked and the person next to me broke his legs and punctured his lung and dislocated both of his shoulder joints. His nose was shattered and his skull was dented in various places. He has not come out of his comma. His name is Sanders. And he is not a good person.

ok just kidding .....

too graphic right ???

i knoww ....

Cik Bedah

Temerloh....

p/s: just now, i actually sat on one of my luggage just to be able to lock it up... and this is not a joke.

Cik bedah...please be with us more often..i don't really mind if you're a moderator or not..i just want you to be here..

ppuhh...puhhh..puhhleeeeezzzzz :blush:

*imaizuki is begging..

i know you're busy...but i'm greedy :P

I agree! cikbedah u can try be with us more often pls :P

that acident did u realy kidding or maybe u hate that Sanders guy

very much u want him to acident like that ?

with all that lugagge u are travelling to where cikbedah ?

share ur story in traveling with us pls.i like to read it too.

Cik bedah...please be with us more often..i don't really mind if you're a moderator or not..i just want you to be here..

ppuhh...puhhh..puhhleeeeezzzzz :blush:

*imaizuki is begging..

i know you're busy...but i'm greedy :P

cik bedah...cik bedah...we love u..haha =p

i jus been asked by my chinese classmate ...she want*(wanted =p) me to communicate with her in english after long time didnt practice*(practise) ....what a funny conversation we have at first..but after few days,we found that we were able to communite in this language although using broken one...practice make perfect...=p :)