huhu... still hating it...
but i can accept it... redha je...
i still look cute anyway...
(huhu... it is a lie... i look so nerd... huhuhuhuhu)

hye.. i'm just new here. so.. what's up.
i know nothing at all and can somebody tell me what we are talking about in this forum.well. hm...... i know we can say anthing but i'm lack with idea. so, i think i need help. help!!!!! help!!!!! may i ask, what you guys think about english... i just wanna know. i read english everyday, i write english, i type english everyday and i speak english everyday. i just think why we need to do this. in malaysia, if we only good in english, i really don't think we can go further, but it help sometime, with no doubt. and what you guys think about malay series and can somebody help and explain me the answer this questions.
why a lot of malay series is same? i mean, we watch the beginning then we know what will happen next. the second question, did malay tv series as good as us, uk, germany, philipine, thailand, indonesia, japan, korea, chinese...?

1st question:

dear... not ALL malaysian good in english. yes sure u GREAT at it but doest mean other ppl can too.. besides..bilingual is good enuff here in Msia.. these ppl need to do this to strengthen their language usage... so wats wrong wif dat? u asking like these ppl can read malay everyday, they write malay they type malay everyday and they speak malay everyday. u just think why they need to do that. same goes to u.

they here coz they want to improve themselves.

2nd question:

what do u mean by "why a lot of malay series is same?" u talking bout drama series izzit? it is because showing our perception in life... same goes to Venezuela drama series or Bollywood movies.. have u watched them? they story plot even worse. u can even know how the story ends but u still stick u *** off in front of telly. it is their WAY to see they own life.

3rd question:
"did malay tv series as good as us, uk, germany, philipine, thailand, indonesia, japan, korea, chinese...?"

havent u watched them lately? watch Kekasihku Seru, Sinderella, Renjis (name a few tv series) Sepet, KL Drift, Embun,(name few movies) suddenly i feel like u underestimate the malay tv series. dry.gif

professor aku pernah cakap cerita2 drama atau filem2 melambangkan cara hidup bangsa yang buat filem tu

p/s: sori tak reti speaking reti baca je tongue.gif Edited by Evilngenious

QUOTE(abedahmatusin @ Aug 20 2007, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tongue.gif
Yes well ... actually i sort of understood it when you said you have not spoken English for 27 years you meant "the full blown English"...hihihihihi
and i kind of love to overly dramatize my reactions .. like, the inclusion of excessive question marks that would make me sound like i was sssssoooo surprised reading people's posts!

I wish i could just speak English when i had to; like you did. But then in my situation if i were to do that, i wouldnt be talking much at all and people might think im supershy or a Carrie in the making!

By the way ... that suggestion of me becoming a moderator for this English section... i dont think thats a good idea. I mean... im totally flattered beyond recognition here and i thank yall so much for thinking so good of me but the truth is ...i cant smile.gif I cant commit. I dont come in here often and in fact, this post im writing is about a week after the last one i posted. See ...... smile.gif
And besides, i think we kinda survived not 'killing' each other in this section without any official mod around didnt we ? smile.gif Makes us a little bit more responsible in trying to be good boys and girls ....

Anyway.... i actually got into an acccident with a trailer today... my car was wrecked and the person next to me broke his legs and punctured his lung and dislocated both of his shoulder joints. His nose was shattered and his skull was dented in various places. He has not come out of his comma. His name is Sanders. And he is not a good person.

ok just kidding .....
too graphic right ???
i knoww ....

Cik Bedah
Temerloh....
p/s: just now, i actually sat on one of my luggage just to be able to lock it up... and this is not a joke.

it is damn dramatic story...

ph34r.gif
hell i luv this thread but i don't have the privilege as the time does not permit me to do so. well, what can i say, learning is a never ending process, even if u r 6 feet under (let me see, i've quoted this for almost three times in less than 3 hours, overly used but happily amused to it laugh.gif)

hehe
this is my favorite thread also

cik bedah is back! but no more post english section
so sad...

Spoiler :
QUOTE(abedahmatusin @ Dec 13 2008, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saya bawakan hal (yang dibincangkan pemula tajuk) ini dalam sembang santai minum petang bersama dua tiga rakan yang banyak pengetahuannya mengenai Bahasa Melayu berbanding saya. Kata salah seorangnya; perkataan 'banyak' itu betul tempat pakainya, dalam ayat yang betul nahunya, namun tidaklah 'arus perdana' sifatnya (sinis nadanya di situ smile.gif). 'Ramai' itu sendiri sudah menunjukkan penggunaannya hanya untuk 'orang' atau 'manusia'. Katanya lagi, orang tak pakai perkataan 'molek' di suratkhabar, tapi dipakai pula 'cantik' dan 'elok'. 'Molek' dilupakan terus. Begitulah nasibnya dengan 'banyak'. Apapun, dia akui dia bukanlah penguasa dalam hal bahasa Melayu maka pegangan dan pendapat itu tidak terpaksa ke atas sesiapapun. Hati saya tenteram dengan penerangan dia tongue.gif

DISUNTING / TAMBAHAN
Orang kebanyakan = Orang ramai, rakyat biasa

Cik Bedah
Temerloh ....

QUOTE(teri-chan @ Dec 14 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nway.. who is cik bedah?

from my observation, she's someone i guess who already tasted the feel of this language, bite my tongue if i'm wrong laugh.gif well the degree of technicality used by her in this thread are astounding, bet me! more please!!

eh? how did u know her? cik bedah is a new name for me.. probably coz i new here to hehehe...

Teri you didnt read from start of this thread rite ?
because if you read from start, you can see earlier post are
all very nice and according to rules of English section.
versanner p untuk pendeta etc all no more. Like now,
all post break the rules already. no fun. no real stories.
no more spirit of learning english. you can see those
people earlier they dont post here anymore. Beacause ?
because now nobody obey the rules. if little rule breaking its ok, but
big one ? all like chatting in irc already. lol.
but who am i to question rite ? up to you people.

QUOTE(imaizuki @ Aug 10 2007, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
woww..cik bedah, you really rock in english and melodic in malay.. wub.gif

QUOTE(voluted @ Dec 15 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Teri you didnt read from start of this thread rite ?
because if you read from start, you can see earlier post are
all very nice and according to rules of English section.
versanner p untuk pendeta etc all no more. Like now,
all post break the rules already. no fun. no real stories.
no more spirit of learning english. you can see those
people earlier they dont post here anymore. Beacause ?
because now nobody obey the rules. if little rule breaking its ok, but
big one ? all like chatting in irc already. lol.
but who am i to question rite ? up to you people.

hahha unfortunately yes... i hav no interest to read from the start.. in fact.. i kinda forget why i replying in this topic oso hehehhe.. but dun care.. as along as ppl get my msg, i'll be happy to assist them.

Hi, I'm new here.

I understand that it's not easy to learn and speak English, but you have to start somewhere.

And posting in this forum would be a good start..

I know the purpose of this section/corner, which is to help improve our English, but, will it improve our communication in English when speaking to others or just in writing? Well, some guys can't speak fluently in English but they are doing great job when it comes to writing.
That is why I guess, in every interview I had, when I had to fill in some form, they ask about our efficiency in writing and speaking.

So, my suggestion is, if possible, beside replying other comments/posts, put another option for others to make a correction to others reply.
Actually it will be tedious to make a correction to everyone. I mean if you had a time and somehow spot the grammar error, comment it, do this when you are free and don't make it compulsory, otherwise this section will not cheer enough for us.

Hows that sound?

I had a friend, working in a Multinational Company, he is serving another request from other country, if I were not mistaken, the country is USA. One case is, when he speak in grammar error, that USA guy tell him his grammar was wrong and he did give the correct sentence to my friend.

err.. should I open new thread? Edited by game-game