Sign in to follow this  
ROBOTs!

Salam~teach Me Bi

hui, sorry for not online for a long time.. happy.gif

blablablablabla...when i try to learn something, then anyone talk bla and bla and bla and then attack me.. blush.gif ...

i can speak, i can write and i can communicate but my grammar too bad. So what tips best for me to improve my vocabulary and grammar?anyone?

Read dictionary..??good tips, i try it, other tips?

P/S:i speak at home, malay + english = !#@$%..haha... laugh.gif Edited by ROBOTs!

few words blush.gif

NOTE to ALL: I have had some affiliates express concerns about who's going to be on this board and are they going to have the best interests of affiliates in mind? I am not officially a part of the organization, but I am for it.

So one thing I'd like to stress, for anyone that has initial concerns is that this group is out to make a positive difference in our industry and the backbone of our industry is affiliates.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that this initial board - the Formation Advisory Board - is designed to be a small, short term board who's main job is to do all the grunt work and leg work it takes to get a group like this off the ground. To do all the organizational work that no one has ever gotten done before - hence the reason we've never gotten an organization started yet.

No one has ever put in the money, time and resources it takes to launch an association until now. And an association never got formed because people just talked and argued about it and no one ever stepped up to the plate to actually do the work necessary to organize a formal association. In reality no one had enough time to do it on a volunteer basis either, because everyone was busy with their own affiliate business.

Affiliate Classroom (Anik Singal) is funding the start up phase and has hired a Director-level CJ person, Rebecca Madigan, to work full-time to launch this. Anik has stepped up and made an amazing contribution to our industry. I think we should be happy that someone took the initiative and put their money on the line to make this happen.

So thanks go out to Anik, Rebecca, Brad, Brook and Lisa for donating their time and resources to do the hard and thankless job of organizing the start-up. We appreciate you!

is it ok?

my member said that grammar is something that we dont have to learn because we can identify whether the grammar is wrong or not when ur read your own word by yourself

you should say my friend said... but hey who cares? yup.. you can learn in class but the practicality most form in real life.

but if i want to improve my pronounce in english what should i do??
i have a problem with my pronounciation especially in front of audience
how can i overcome that situation?? Edited by taiko2005

There are various methods on how you can pronounce correctly. Movies are good examples (even though its not the most reliable source at all) but there are always drawbacks for each method that you are trying to use. Dictionary is a good example, perhaps the best for me. For each word, meanings of the word itself are there, including on how to pronounce it (that's why you will see this strange sign next to it, for instance, like this - exhibition - ex-hi-bi-tion
\ˌek-sə-ˈbi-shən\ (it shows how to pronounce this word). You can listen to the pronunciation, e.g www.merriam-webster.com You will be asked to install Quicktime if you are using Firefox, just install it manually. Well, you know you are listening the right stuff for your ears, practically anything from Cambridge, Merriam-Webster (just to mention a few) is useful, so enjoy! laugh.gif

QUOTE(taiko2005 @ Dec 20 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my member said that grammar is something that we dont have to learn because we can identify whether the grammar is wrong or not when ur read your own word by yourself

don't have to learn?? was he/she sure of what he/she said? hahaha...
we have to learn...just that we use it first (no matter wrong or right). after a while we'l understand it and then we can deal with the mistakes.
when I was in elementary school...my grammar was kind of bad too. laugh.gif

QUOTE(taiko2005 @ Dec 20 2008, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but if i want to improve my pronounce in english what should i do??
i have a problem with my pronounciation especially in front of audience
how can i overcome that situation??

pronunciation...I think you should get a dictionary whereby it comes with a CD (or DVD...whatever)
so that you can check out the word and click on the "sound" button to get the pronunciation.
if I am not mistaken, you can also do it online (merriam-webster..I think).
**I didn't do all those...I am a very lazy pig! tongue.gif **

audience...yeah, a common problem for most people, I guess...
I just treat them as "invisible"...as if I am speaking to my Patric. rolleyes.gif

ph34r.gif

NOTE to ALL: I have had some affiliates express concerns about ["concerning"???] who's going to be on this board and are they going to have the best interests of affiliates in mind? I am not officially a part of the organization, but I am for it.

So one thing I'd like to stress, for anyone that [WHO] has initial concerns is that this group is out to make a positive difference in our industry and the backbone of our industry is affiliates. [perhaps you should put this paragraph in BM...I really have no idea of what it means,sorry.]

Another thing I'd like to point out is that this initial board - the Formation Advisory Board - is designed to be [can use "as"] a small, short term board who's [which] main job is to do all the grunt work and leg work [what's LEG work?? my dear god, HELP!] It takes to get a group like this off the ground. To do all the organizational work that no one has ever done before - hence the reason we've never gotten [had] an organization started yet.

No one has ever put in the money, time and resources it takes to launch an association until now. And ["In addition,"....OOII, NEVER START A SENTENCE WITH "and"!!!] an association [has] never got [been] formed because people just talked and argued about it and no one [has] ever stepped up to the plate [do u really mean PINGGAN??...."place"] to actually do the work necessary to organize a formal association. In reality no one had enough time to do it on a volunteer [voluntary] basis either, because everyone was busy with their own affiliate business.

Affiliate Classroom (Anik Singal) is funding the start up phase and has hired a Director-level CJ person, Rebecca Madigan, to work full-time to launch this. Anik has stepped up and made an amazing contribution to our industry. I think we should be happy that someone took the initiative and put ["invest"??] their money on the line to make this happen.

So thanks go out [not needed!!!] to Anik, Rebecca, Brad, Brook and Lisa for donating ["contributing" sounds more handsome] their time and resources to do the hard and thankless [??? I don't know what to comment] job of organizing the start-up. We appreciate [/u][u]you [you?? who?? or do you mean their contributions?? erm...use "We do appreciate"]!

>>> sigh...I have already tried my best to help.
I swear I don't understand what you mean and what you are trying to say...
probably the scariest ph34r.gif "correction" I've done for someone here in the English corner <<<

ROBOTs, you owe me a fee! biggrin.gif

There are many ways to improve your English.
When working to improve your vocabulary it's important to know your goals in order to best choose the way in which you want to learn.

- Reading can be a great way to improve your English.
- I think that to listen to music is a great way to improve English. I learned a lot just listening to english songs.

Tips:

1. Use vocabulary learning methods to focus quickly on the vocabulary YOU need to study.
2. Don't make random lists of new words. Try to group words in themes. This will help you memorize new words more quickly.
3. If you have the time, and even if you think you don't have the time, try to add context.
Writing a few example sentences using new vocabulary will help you remember the words in context.
4. Keep a vocabulary notepad at hand whenever you are reading in English.

QUOTE(Batista @ Dec 20 2008, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are many ways to improve your English.
When working to improve your vocabulary it's important to know your goals in order to best choose the way in which you want to learn.

- Reading can be a great way to improve your English.
- I think that to listen to music is a great way to improve English. I learned a lot just listening to english songs.

Tips:

1. Use vocabulary learning methods to focus quickly on the vocabulary YOU need to study.
2. Don't make random lists of new words. Try to group words in themes. This will help you memorize new words more quickly.
3. If you have the time, and even if you think you don't have the time, try to add context.
Writing a few example sentences using new vocabulary will help you remember the words in context.
4. Keep a vocabulary notepad at hand whenever you are reading in English.

hahha my teacher used to say that.. but i think my biggest helper (and i'm proud to say this) is Sesame Street. and also Disney movies. and now I know the word "DEBT" is pronounce as "DEAD"

ROBOTs, what do you mean by "whole word"?
everything in 3nee? there's a lot to be checked lehhh

ROBOTs, what do you mean by "whole word"?
everything in 3nee? there's a lot to be checked lehhh

laugh.gif ... i think my word on 3nee completely a loser word...huhu...that's why i try to learn english from basic, so i need puteranian guide..hehe

Robots, ur English is already excellent, excellent than me... laugh.gif

QUOTE(ROBOTs! @ Dec 20 2008, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hui, sorry for not online for a long time.. happy.gif

blablablablabla...when i try to learn something, then anyone talk bla and bla and bla and then attack me.. blush.gif ...

i can speak, i can write and i can communicate but my grammar too bad. So what tips best for me to improve my vocabulary and grammar?anyone?

P/S:i speak at home, malay + english = !#@$%..haha... laugh.gif

so... you actually lied about not being able to write in english..... and you wonder why people kept attacking u? duhh!!

orite.. enlighten me... i'm pretty sure ROBOTs! actually lied about being terrible in english... if one of his mother tongue is english n malay... how come his vocabs he claimed worst? summore.. y poeple keep attacking him?

according to my observation.... he had this natural talent of offending others..... esp the moderators....(and yeah, i'm being blunt)

p/s: i'm sorry teri chan, don't u think there's something wrong with ur signature? i don't think the special population would find that funny...

QUOTE(hemo hemo @ Dec 23 2008, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
according to my observation.... he had this natural talent of offending others..... esp the moderators....(and yeah, i'm being blunt)

p/s: i'm sorry teri chan, don't u think there's something wrong with ur signature? i don't think the special population would find that funny...

oh shoot! thanks for remind me.. it was meant for certain person.. n i forgot to remove the statement. cos these people act like 1.. not the special community.. the "retard" part. n it suppose not to be funny.

oh robots have a loud mouth izzit... no wonder la these people keep bashing him.

hmm till now, I always got a problem with spelling the words before start writing in English
Damn,.. I keep typing the word and I saw the word with red underline marking on my screen .. haa that's only the best method to detect my misspelling.

See my poor English here and you'll be judging me?

QUOTE(Sultan ultimatezezs-SE @ Dec 23 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm till now, I always got a problem with spelling the words before start writing in English
Damn,.. I keep typing the word and I saw the word with red underline marking on my screen .. haa that's only the best method to detect my misspelling.

See my poor English here and you'll be judging me?

er... which part? all i can see is a downloadn search form.

Ok i have to write and post something.
Its been bugging me since ... 30 minutes ago ... haha.

Spoiler :
QUOTE(ROBOTs! @ Dec 17 2008, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i want to learn english lang from basic...anyone can give me some modules how to improve my english lang?... blush.gif

QUOTE(ayer tenang @ Dec 17 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see .... tongue.gif
You really want to learn huh ?

But can you read and understand simple English though?
How about your Bahasa Melayu ?

Just to help, though it may/will not be much.

QUOTE(hemo hemo @ Dec 22 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so... you actually lied about not being able to write in english..... and you wonder why people kept attacking u? duhh!!

This , what Hemo2 wrote, is what actually came across my mind when
i proceeded reading from 1st page. Exactly my thought ... word for word!
My initial post was to sarcastically tell ROBOTs to at least read
Putera's general rules and English Section rules/regulation. But then
he said his BM isnt so good so i believed him because there are in fact
Malaysians who spend their whole lives in Malaysia (never left the
country, never lived in foreign countries) that cant speak and understand
Bahasa Malaysia well enough. So i kinda felt sorry for him so
i didnt go on with the sarcasm (nevermind the fact that hes been
posting in Bahasa Malaysia in other sections with more-than-adequate
command of Bahasa Malaysia..ie: lying thru his teeth . or fingers!)
And now, i can see that ROBOTs CAN write and UNDERSTAND
'simple English', im officially offended.
Hahahahahaha. But of course ROBOTs doessss notttttt caaaaare!
Right ?
So .. enjoy yourself ROBOTs. Im done.

Ok now on a lower note and in general, i would like to express my 9am
thought a little bit.
There are thousands of others with the same 'imnotgoodinenglish' problem
in putera.com but do we actually wanna see thousands of repeating threads?
Just scroll down and you'll see existing informative and heplful threads about the
same problem. Read through them. Thats how forums function.
Existing threads are there for us to read and get all the information
we're lookin for and if we couldnt find any, then go on and open
a thread and ask. Thats how we behave in forums. Nobody's gonna butcher
u for that. But then again, if your post count exceeds 50, im sure
u have posted enough to know how to search for information in this forum,
unless youre a big ol spammer.

And to those who keep thinking 'ohhh heyy i jus wanna hev fun who cares
about grammar cos i love my broken style so i dont give a hitler
bout them rules', u better think 7 times before yappin that thought
in text format in here because in putera dot com, there are human
rules by which we operate.
So just make the effort. Try. Berterabur pun berteraburlah. Dah nama pun
tak reti cakap omputeh. Cuba je.

There are existing topics exceptionally informative and educational in this
English section that i think we can all observe, read and study.
Let me try and list them down.

Well ... [pay particular attention to abdahmatusins writing]
How To Improve Your English.
...All posts from CikguTuition
Grammar
Pronunciation
What They Called This
...and a few others, why dont u go look.

So wrapping this up, ROBOTs, good luck. Honest need will get honest feed.
And to the rest of you, good luck and thanks for bein helpful to those
in need.

@ ayer tenang
well said. i need to steer clear of this thread as well..... for 2 reasons

1. i hate liars and
2. i hate it when they act like they're the victim

//nway....Great Minds Think Alike, eh? laugh.gif cool.gif