Sign in to follow this  
amduron

Dating For Dummies

For your information,during my couple i never date...i only message her ....my couple just like monkey love...haha...

it's a pity for not trying this dating stuff, but don't worry, we'll do some adjustment. Firstly how about say hi to your favorite first? I'm sure you can start from there happy.gif

I've reached the latest post, but I didn't see any dating tips but one.

@kerandut puaka, could you explain as to why you said that, "it's a pity for not trying this dating stuff"? By the way, that's a good suggestion, saying hi to the one you desired. I finds it funny as sometimes these so called players tries to come up with pick up lines, for heaven's sake, that is so 70's tongue.gif

I'm not a player / Casanova / playboy, but I believe I do know a thing or two bout dating. I do agree that, a simple hi / hello is the best way to approach the one you like. I'm not sure for ladies, but for guys, if you being ignored on your attempt, retreat. Do not proceed, it show signs of desperation. As Sun Tze puts it, if you retreat means you are preparing for another battle. There is always another time (or another person) wink.gif

If she responded, remain calm, don't get too excited and jumpy. Just give brief description of yourself. Name and age, would be sufficient. Throw some mystery about yourself to them. Ladies loves mysterious man, statically proven, (p/s: to ladies, if I'm wrong on this, please notify me here or via PM cool.gif).

Remember, this is the first time you're talking to her. Be real, don't try to act macho and cool if you are not. Be geek / nerdy if you are. Nothing a person appreciates more than honesty. If she doesn't like who you really are, ditch her, she doesn't worth an effort, that is my personal belief. Some might beg to differ.

I'm stopping here, for now. Looking forward to read others' thoughts and perceptions. cool.gif Edited by SHiDi

the thing i hate most (probably any girls hates the most) when a guy want to get to know her... he started the conversation wif stuuupid jokes.. sure we all laugh but at the same time we're thinking this guy are mocking us... thinking our IQ level is the same as his..ceh!

and SHiDi we do loves mysterious man.. like my boboi and I, even though we been together for 4 years now, i still dont know much about him. Still it keeps our relationship going as i still finds him mysterious. i still want to know bout him.

Well it's nice having a date especially if you are new with this stuff. How to put this when SHIDI did mention "it's a pity for not trying this dating stuff"? For me, it's an interesting way to know your potential date, the more you date, the better you got to know that person. Dating the same person is good, more than one is flirting tongue.gif. Ok, back to business. I'm pretty sure most of us are anxious when it comes to first date, what to wear for instance. To be safe, go for something casual. Then you can think about where to meet your potential date. Timing is another thing and don't be late, or else it will turn ugly. I guess this is it for now, I'll be back with more tips, hope this one will help, cheers! Edited by kerandut puaka

QUOTE(kerandut puaka @ Dec 21 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dating the same person is good, more than one is flirting tongue.gif.

For me, there is nothing wrong with flirting. Unless if you are married, then you shouldn't be doing it. Isn't flirting the best way to know that you are with the right person? So, yes, date / flirt as many as you want. But remember, only one person should own your heart.

Some would say that it's so bad of me to say this, but hey, be real. Can you tell me there is not even once it crosses your mind to meet other people? As I said, as long as you are not married, you are free to do so. Oh you shouldn't as well, if you know for sure that he / she is the right person.

QUOTE(kerandut puaka @ Dec 21 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure most of us are anxious when it comes to first date, what to wear for instance. To be safe, go for something casual. Then you can think about where to meet your potential date. Timing is another thing and don't be late, or else it will turn ugly.

It's not just what to wear / where to go / when to meet. Another important stuff is to plan out what to talk about. Unless you are an extrovert, then, don't bother. I'm sure you'll able to handle it well. If you are not, you may want to list out some few topics to talk about. Being silent during a date, is so not cool.

Next, is to plan how should you introduce yourself. Remember, people will judge you based on the first 5 - 8 seconds they saw you. That's when the famous "first impression" takes part. What happens later, is not that important. So, if you spoiled the first 5 seconds, you'll be having hard time for the rest of the night to cover it up.

Location, topics, clothes, what else? One of the most important thing, your scent. Get some nice perfume. So far, I have never meet a girl who doesn't like smell of a descent perfume, and for those who are serious about dating, please, no CK / Tommy. Those are for kids. Real playa would get something like Polo Romance or Hugo Boss or if you could afford something a little more expensive, Sean John (my personal favourite), Chic for men is pretty nice as well. As for smokers / those with halitosis, take extra caution bout that stinky breath. Brush your teeth and chew on some chewing gum or something, make sure there is no smell of bad breath.

That's all for now, later peeps!

ADDITIONAL: During the date, pay full attention to what your date is talking about. Don't be hearing without listening. Show signs of interest. This is where body language takes part. You might want to study on that as well, it's not that hard wink.gif Edited by SHiDi

yes, definitely, i'm second to every opinion you've made so far Mr Shidi. I dedicate this thread especially for those who are single (yes, for sure laugh.gif ) Seems that you have lots of experiences here, hope for more input here, thanks a lot!

QUOTE(kerandut puaka @ Dec 24 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, definitely, i'm second to every opinion you've made so far Mr Shidi. I dedicate this thread especially for those who are single (yes, for sure laugh.gif ) Seems that you have lots of experiences here, hope for more input here, thanks a lot!

I'm glad that I got your support, but I'm sorry to disappoint you. I don't have lots of experience in dating. Honestly speaking, I only have one girlfriend so far, and we only dated for few days, since she's not here in KL.

I just happened to be well educated about girls, all credits due to my late mom cool.gif.

Now that's out of the way, shall we continue? Allow me tongue.gif

Now that you got that date with her. You are showing signs of interest. How can you know if she's into you or she is actually bored being with you? Look at her body languages, her movements. You can tell a lot about someone from their body movements.

If you noticed that she's bored, quickly try to switch topic. Oh before that, bare in mind, DO NOT talk too much about yourself. Tell some but keep asking about her. If she insisting on talking about you, do it, but not too much. Try your best to show more interest about her.

As for the super-good-guys out there. I know how much you being concern bout the lady's well being. But don't keep asking, "are you okay?" or "are you having fun?" every 5 minutes. If you do so, trust me, that'll be your final date.

When food has being served. Basic stuff, wait for the lady to start first. If her entrée is not there yet, WAIT for it to arrive. While enjoying your meal, do not stop talking. Don't talk too much, but don't stop as well. Focus less on the food and more on her. Also remember to offer some of your entrée to her. I'm can't go too deep into this (as there are visitors here who are way too young), but if she accepts your offer, that's a good sign. If she takes it from your fork itself, that's even better happy.gif Oh yes guys, remember to eat slowly. It means something, trust me. Some lady might know about this tongue.gif

I guess that's all I can talk about right now. What else should I expose here?

after looong read both opinions (kerandut puaka n shidi) made me thinked that u guys really into dis dating stuff huh? but my question is.. how gud u guys following all these advice? gosh i wish my beau folo all these tips... really hav gud points there.

I wouldn't say that I'm into dating stuff, just that, I love to know them.

Do I practice them? I do try to give good impression all the time. I do my best to be real. I do try not to talk too much bout me. I do put on perfume. I do most of those. I do observe and listen. I paid attention to my girlfriend when we date. Gosh, how I wish she's here right now! sad.gif

I however don't list out what to talk about.

QUOTE(teri-chan @ Dec 24 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gosh i wish my beau folo all these tips... really hav gud points there.

Do you mean mine? tongue.gif If so, I take that as a compliment cool.gif Edited by SHiDi

QUOTE(SHiDi @ Dec 24 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't say that I'm into dating stuff, just that, I love to know them.

Do I practice them? I do most of those. I do observe and listen. I paid attention to my girlfriend when we date. Gosh, how I wish she's here right now! sad.gif

Do you mean mine? tongue.gif If so, I take that as a compliment cool.gif

not u.. i mean both la.. u both hav really gud points there. see.. how long ur relationship last? u really loved ur gf... y dun u ask her hand for marriage? ngeh ngeh ngeh...

oops, its quite sometimes that i'm not around..if you got the time, watch any romantic comedy movies (of course!), i learned a lot from it, well considering which region you are mind what and which to use ph34r.gif

haha long time no see.. yeah it is true.... i wished i hav love experience in all love story hihihihi...

QUOTE(kerandut puaka @ Dec 31 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you got the time, watch any romantic comedy movies (of course!), i learned a lot from it, well considering which region you are mind what and which to use ph34r.gif

That's so lucky of you. I wish I had the same experience. For me, you could learn few stuff from films, but the truth remains that life isn't as expected shown in films. It's not easy as boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy gets the girl.

So far, to name those films I found a good way to learn on treating and understanding the ladies are Hitch and The Breakup. Others, are nothing more like a Disney show, sorry for being harsh, but that's the truth.

what is the title the movie that 1 guy can read women's mind?

QUOTE(teri-chan @ Jan 6 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what is the title the movie that 1 guy can read women's mind?

Well, its What Women Want for you! Mel Gibson & Helen Hunt, just nice laugh.gif (can hardly sleep..)

haha... nice topic... i reaaaaaalllllllyyyyy need help...
it has been like ages since the last time i went on a date(/s)....
(take note: just DATE/(dates)... nothing more... huhu...)

the only thing i could remember is that
i'm soooo damn clumsy... and i did many things really2 bad
that can drop my water face... (haha… 100% malay translation)

for example… I fell down in front of peoples… MANY people…
and owh OMG… why on earth dis thing happened to me…
and wrong time… wrong place… huhu… what ever la… things happened and I stand up
with confidence… and give my best smile….. miss beauty queen smile…
and thankfully he’s not laughing… just the evil-hearted mamak…

argh… shadap la abg mamak…
you’re not a hotstuff pon…
and I give him a punch… and slap the stupid mamak’s face…
(yeah… really… really a lie… huhu… but I thought to do it…. Really….)

And one more thing… if someone r expressing the feeling of love to me…
I get reaallly nervous…. Not sure why… but I’ll be more panic + terrified + tense than
the other person.. (ya know… the other… huhu… erk… do I really need to explain dis… laugh.gif )
and I’m giving a stupid bored impression… and plain “owh, ye ke…”
and I do anything… to keep me busy… and then stupid things happened….
Like my mouth suddenly bocor… and the water or foods leaks to my dress…
Or maybe I’m reading a book upside down… or typing the keyboard for nothing…
Hell yeah… I’m so stupid… and loser…

I can give a good presentation… or excellently lead a group…
But when it comes to this thing called love… it has printed on me to be a pathetic loser…
Or is it I’m afraid of giving the commitment… huh… I dunno…

and yeah... there are few special moments...
and make my cheeks blushing... *wink* wub.gif *wink* wub.gif
and I kindda loving it… huhu… but I can’t… it’s too complicated…

@crazy_labelle, I couldn't help it but to laugh at your post. Not that I find it amusingly silly, but rather amusingly cute.

It seems to me that you're worried too much bout your date. You used the word "him" there, you must be a girl then. I always thought that ladies are the calm one being on date tongue.gif I can't help much on what you could do in order to impress the guy. But one thing for sure, stop worrying too much or trying too hard. Trust me, doesn't matter how silly, ugly, snobbish, clumsy the girl is. If the guy likes her, he will like her wink.gif

He will not feel ashamed being with you, not a little, not even a bit. Edited by SHiDi