Lipase

Pidgin Problem

Aku ada masalah ngn Pidgin tak connected kat aku punya ofiss..kat umah xde pun masalah..ok je, wireless internet ngn on pidgin..tapi kat ofis wireless internet je ok pidgin tak connected..tak tau salah siapa..pidgin or ofis ak punya router..aku guna wired internet pun problem gak..

aku ada baca kena on kan port kat rauter tu..tapi aku tak reti la..sapa2 bleh tolong?

ofis aku guna rauter Dlink-655.

Kepada otai2 linux bleh tak korang tolong bg tutorial mcmana nak setup port kat rauter tu bukak port untuk pidgin yahoo online..
tq

QUOTE(athlon_crazy @ Nov 18 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
try telnet yahoo

$telnet scs.msg.yahoo.com 5050

by right, we shouldn't have any problem to telnet this port (nothing is blocking)

how to setup telnet..actually at my edit account already use that pager server and port 5050..but i think the problem come from the router it self.. i not sure how to open or configure the router port..i can access to the router at my office..there are no officer or admin in our office who setup the router..we do by ourself..but i think we donnt make any firewall to access to internet.

No need to setup, just open the console then simply use below command without "$" sign :-

Since I can telnet, I'm expecting the same result when you do this from your home. Then later, try do telnet from your office and lets see how! That's the way how to confirm your router enable/disable firewall rule. Otherwise, just go to modem/router web config, perhaps under "advance setting" and look for "firewall".

QUOTE(athlon_crazy @ Nov 18 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need to setup, just open the console then simply use below command without "$" sign :-

Since I can telnet, I'm expecting the same result when you do this from your home. Then later, try do telnet from your office and lets see how! That's the way how to confirm your router enable/disable firewall rule. Otherwise, just go to modem/router web config, perhaps under "advance setting" and look for "firewall".

sori bro,

imy pidgin still cannot work in my office. I think this probably course by university block it...thanks for helpfulness