Sign in to follow this  
kecibung

This Email Is True Or Spam?

There is a few mails came in into my inbox recently, mentioning that I can help this person (normally in trouble) by forwarding those email to many peoples, as many as I can. I'm not sure whether this is true or not. Normally, I will not forward any mail if I don't really believe the source. As you all know, there are peoples out there, will do this and that, just to get what they want. Maybe, the original senders just want to collect our email address for them to easily spam to our email later.

Below is an example, the mail which I'm talking about. Maybe, you also have came across to the same 'case' like mine. Can I have your opinions whether this 'sad story' was true of false. Thank you.

Dear Reader,

I am writing this on behalf of my loving husband.

Everything was fine, me, my husband and our two children. We had a happy family. My husband was an Engineer in a big company. He comes home early and helps me with the house chores and plays with the children...

Our dreams were shattered in front of our eyes last week. It was a drunk lorry driver, who came on the wrong side and hit us and went. It killed my little baby girl and left my husband paralyzed. My husband is still in the hospital. His brain is damaged and he needs an operation. I need 5 lakhs to save his life. I have collected about 3 lahks from my friends and family. I need another 2 lakhs.I don't want to lose him. He is such a wonderful husband & father.

He still doesn't know we lost our little girl. I am looking after my son now. Without my husband I won't be able to take care of him. Please help me save my husband the one person I dearly love. I have already los my daughter and I don't want to lose my husband as well. Please help us.

Thank you very much for your love & support.

May God bless you.

Yours Truly,

xxxxx xxxxx

(I know you don't like to forward mails. I am really sorry to bother you. If you have a heart and like to help a family, please forward this mail. Every time you forward this it will add 5 cents per email ID to AOL and they will deposit it into my bank account. This will help me save my husband.

Edited by kecibung

"Money for forwarding" claims are no more than a ruse to fool recipients into clicking the "Forward" button without due forethought. Coupled with a heart-wrenching tale of ill fortune, the ruse has proved itself to be a very effective way of keeping an email circulating. Some such messages have been passed from inbox to inbox continually for years on end.

thanks for the suggestion, opinions given. actually, from the beginning I do not believed the story. just want to make sure that i'm in the right side.