Sign in to follow this  
fibix_014

What They Called This?

1.Situation: Loby, 1st world hotel, genting. Room Payment.

A very³³ sweet malay girl :wub: : How do you like your money sir?

:blink: honestly, i never heard this words before... at that time i'm were about to ask what her mean by that, or just answer it on how i like to spend my money...

-but, fately... my friends are there... and he answered it...

-Then walk out with big laugh... i don't expect that's the answer... at 1st I though she want to have a chat with me... :P

2.Victoria Station, Jalan Ampang...

Same question by a malay boy...

hahaha now, I got it... :lol:

so, what's peoples call that? twisted languages/words/verb? and you think... what's the answer...

Edited by fibix_014

-How do you like your money sir?

=Uhh? how? Easy! Spend all the money on DVD, CD ,GBA,NDS lite, CC and much2 more!!

-Are you sure?

=Yeah!

-But that just wasting your money sir...

=So? do you have any idea how i can spend my money into something.. usefull?

-Perphaps... i know.... but...

=Split it out sis! dont worry! You cant hurt my feeling just saying something.. 'Tutorial;How to spend your money'

-Okey, if you say so, what about you gift a quater of your money to orphant?

= *shock* ;___; such a nobel girl(fux, if that ya money... are you hoing to do that?)

*all the rumble and stupid dialouge between A man and a girl END here*

*spelling mistake is my own intention to... heh! im such a bad speller*

Lol,who said the word to you(the"How do you like your money).I think,he just trying to confuse you with that word.My friend always do that to me.

I just think may be she just ask the question how you gonna pay your bill (with credit card, cheque or cash money)

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe... :ph34r:

Assalamualaikum ...

"How would you like your money sir?"

If she(the lady at the counter) was about to receive the payment from the customer, she could as well mean the form of the payment which could be cash or credit card. This is similar to "Would you like to pay cash or with credit card sir?". So the answer should be "I will pay cash" or "I will pay with credit card".

If she has received the payment and was about to return some balance (or whatever), she most likely meant the format of the money which could be the notes/bills of RM10, RM50, RM100 or so on. This is similar to "What note would you like the balance in sir ?" or maybe a little specific like "Would you like your balance in 10s or 50s sir?" .... So the answer should be "I would like it in 10s and 50s please" or whatever notes one wants.

Im sure we (me,you, the people) have encountered sentences like ... "How would you like your coffee sir/maam?" which can be answered with "I would like my coffee hot/cold/iced/sweet/strong please." There is also "Would you like to join me in a cup of coffee?" which can be answered with "Yes i would love to. Thank you" or you can be devilishly playful and answer "Yes sure. You jump in first".

This type of vague* question is quite common in the world of hospitality (hotel, services, etc). It is a level of politeness (hehh!!). In fact, it is quite an old form of being polite, and yet classique.

I always find this particular sentence hilarious and i tend to have evil thought in mind whenever a person says this sentence to me .. "If you walk this way please". It means, "Please follow me". But literally, to walk his or her way can also be disastrous :P if yall know what i mean ... Kalau dia melenggang kangkung, kita pun kena melenggang jugaklah gamaknye.

However, not knowing the detail of the situation that Fibix posed up there, i cant say for sure what did the girl and the boy mean by the question because people tend to misuse this form of query these days.

Anyway, here is a little hoot-hoot to check out ...

1. How do you find Malaysia ?

Answer A: I find it (to be) very beautiful and green.

Answer B: I bought a map and there it was; Malaysia on page 23.

2. Do you serve crabs here ?

Answer A: Yes we do; delicious crabs with cheese sauce.

Answer B: Oh just sit down , we serve everybody here; no discrimination.

In Jamaica, if one is asked "How would you like your money sir", you should always answer "Perfect please." This means, "Keep the change", that is, if your balance is $56.85, you will pay $60. If $78, you will pay $80. But if your balance is less than $10, you should always answer "No thank you" which means "Keep it all". I said 'should always' because it is the culture of hospitality/service there.

Ok eloklah saya berenti menaip ....Nanti berjela jela pulak .... :P

Cik Bedah

Temerloh

p/s: these days, people say something to mean something else ...

*vague = not precise, not direct

Edited by abedahmatusin

I just think may be she just ask the question how you gonna pay your bill (with credit card, cheque or cash money)

Yah... thats right! :P

btw, abedahmatusin... splendid explanation....

abedahmatusin, lengthy reply and quite informative! that's what we need in English Corner.

abedahmatusin, lengthy reply .......!

I know :) ... i have this disease since i was about 7 years old...It is called Lengthereplisitis ...

It makes your eyes turn all white and forces you to type something unconsciously ... The next thing you know .. tadaaaaaa .... 3000 words composition reply to an "ASL pls" question ....

Cik Bedah

Temerloh

p/s: i should be in Heroes ..

Name : Cik Bedah

Superpower : Unconscious Lengthy Typing

Edited by abedahmatusin

i think..

the girl was asking you on how are you going to pay for the bills..

i guessss..soooo... :unsure:

Edited by mis mieyra

i think this is all about..beside it was at hotel right? so it's all about payment..

Edited by Kuro

1. How do you find Malaysia ?
Answer A: I find it (to be) very beautiful and green.
Answer B: I bought a map and there it was; Malaysia on page 23.

2. Do you serve crabs here ?
Answer A: Yes we do; delicious crabs with cheese sauce.
Answer B: Oh just sit down , we serve everybody here; no discrimination.

real funny though..that's why we really need to learn English..there are lots of way to express our feelings, to ask questions..one more example..if we want to greet someone that we met for the first time, we should ask, 'how do you do?'. but we use 'how are you?' for someone we've already known.

same thing like 'how should i address you?' that is just another way for 'how should i call you?' and the answer would be, 'you can call me (your preferred name)' and not something related to your home address or where do you live.. B)

Edited by geniousboy

Question :

How would you like your coffee sir/maam?

Answer :

In a cup please.

that's a freakin broken english

Yes i think she didn't know how to ask the question correctly.

Maybe... :ph34r:

yes.. it's a question in other words "wanna pay with cash or credit card or else?" haiya.. simple question but in other way.. seem like broken english..