Hmir

What Makes You..

Assalamualaikum ....

Actually, i wonder if i'm actually interested in English language. I think, the fact that it is a lingua franca of the world today; by which makes my life seem to be greatly affected, forces me to be able to know, write and speak the language.

So ok ... Why Cik Bedah is interested in English ? I am interested because i need it :D

This is a little off-topic ... i hope sweetie Hmir wont mind :D

===========================================

I cannot help but to respond to Lipas's answer/opinion on the topic. I smiled ear to ear and felt at peace reading his/her response. In fact, i actually felt like i was reading a transcript of an answer by a Miss Universe top 3 finalist :D .. or maybe someone who has such confidence to be in public , with a responsibility ... like... a diplomat.

Elegant answer.

Most people have similar difficulty speaking a language than writing in it. And vice versa.

So Lipas, i think in your situation, you could try practising speaking the language. If you already are.... here are some tips though ...

You already know the words, they're somewhere up there in your mind and are waiting for you to use them.

You already know how to structure the words into sentences correctly, and most of the time, they're already up there in your mind in the form of complete sentences.

So, speak calmly. Slowly. Pronounce the words clearly, each. Do not rush the words.These (steps) will help your articulation.

Do not accent your pronunciations (like most people do today.. dhuhhh..).

Do not stress the letter R (like Americans and like most KL people do!!).

These will further help your articulation because accents and stressing the letter R (when accents & stressed-R are not native to your tongue) WILL BE an added block of difficulty to your speaking the English language. Your mind will spend more time processing these two "craps" ...(hihihi sorry...but i mean it).

Later on, when you are already comfortable and familiar yourself with your own tempo & articulation, your speaking speed will naturally vary accordingly and most importantly, sound natural. Your accent and pronunciations will also be natural and effortless.

If there is a part of you that is accent-maniac (that you had to hide during practising these steps), you can now let it out and by all means , knock yourself out honey!! ...

Just some tips :) We're all learning ...

Cik Bedah

Temerloh

DISCLAIMER : These tips are specifically for learning the English language. NOT FOR German & Russian language. And this disclaimer is NOT a joke.

thanks cik bedah..

I reread your post today...and

I think this post is not only useful to Lipas, but to me as well..

I got a little bit problem when it comes to speaking thing , u know like "urr..what?, err, yeah of course..err.. and err."

ehehhe,

it takes me quite sometimes to speak clearly, and worst it makes people whom i spoke to having a question mark on their mind..

I'd take your notes,,and would practise it in my daily comunication..

Askm...and a very good day!

My question is what makes you interested in english?

Of course so that I can shower people with great happiness when I criticise and mock their hypocrisy. Like for example, this would be my reply to you:

What the heck is wrong with you? You'd dare put English in front of your religion's calling for peace?

Or is ASKM a new mazhab's way of greeting people? Which funky mazhab tells you type ASKM instead of ASSALAMUALAIKUM?

Is that really something too long for you to bother typing? Then don't bother typing altogether. Sheesh.

Learn to PRIORITIZE.

See? English is a beautiful, beautiful language.

Of course so that I can shower people with great happiness when I criticise and mock their hypocrisy. Like for example, this would be my reply to you:

What the heck is wrong with you? You'd dare put English in front of your religion's calling for peace?

Or is ASKM a new mazhab's way of greeting people? Which funky mazhab tells you type ASKM instead of ASSALAMUALAIKUM?

Is that really something too long for you to bother typing? Then don't bother typing altogether. Sheesh.

Learn to PRIORITIZE.

Dear Mr.C-Fu,

your post to this topic starter is good when you asked him/her to type the 'Assalamualaikum' phrase with the right and appropriate spelling..thanks a lot to you..that was indeed a good action to do.

But maybe next time, u can have some decent in your post..so then people can accept the good thing you try to say...

I'm not really good in English..but I try..

I'm sorry if this post offends you.

Regards

Learn to PRIORITIZE.

My mistakes...People do make mistakes and thanks.By the way,I've edited it..

Learn to PRIORITIZE.

negative energy + sarcasm = c-fu :lol:

come on c-fu. can't you chill just a little bit....

negative energy + sarcasm = c-fu :lol:

come on c-fu. can't you chill just a little bit....

There's no need to tell people of this and that...Let them be whatever they want to..There is no reason to flame someone.As to c-fu,i understand why you flame all the people....Everyone is not perfect.Just let them do whatever they want to...

P/s-We can't fix stupid...

Edited by Hmir

ASSALAMUALAIKUM...

emglish???hrm..well me myself not so good and not so bad.but i think in my opinion once you your self good in english especially in communication skills its act easy for u to have a discussion with other around the world

and i really think that if u are good in english,it bring yourself to become better then the others.but it doesn't mean that if u dont know how to speak in english your self is not good,juzt the chances is little then if u know how to speak in english...

i dont know wheter you guys out there understand my comment or not...

sorry if you guys not understand at all...

because critical knowledge are made in english language..

alright...many of forumers here learned from movies....but,unfortunately it is american english.literally,m'sia is a country that speaks GB's english...

Mass media provide much oppurtunity for listening to English. Television especially is very helpful. Although mostly the tv programmes spoke American English, we cannot complain though for us do learn a lot from them. In fact, we can see how different spoken English can be in USA, England, Australia, Malaysia and other countries. Though it is basically English each speaks, the pronunciaciation accent and local flavour are plainly discernible.

Unfortunately, while we hear English being spoken via the television or radio, we cannot speak back. So, again the opportunity to speak English is limited. I supposed we have to live with the fact that the opportunities for listening and speaking English is limited. That does not mean that we should give up using English. I realise that English is a very important language in the world and it is definitely important that we become proficient in it. We all should be proficient in it because most of the important discoveries and advances in science, technology and other fields are available in English. So, if our command of English is lacking then we will lose out and always be left behind.

Mass media provide much oppurtunity for listening to English. Television especially is very helpful. Although mostly the tv programmes spoke American English, we cannot complain though for us do learn a lot from them. In fact, we can see how different spoken English can be in USA, England, Australia, Malaysia and other countries. Though it is basically English each speaks, the pronunciaciation accent and local flavour are plainly discernible.

Unfortunately, while we hear English being spoken via the television or radio, we cannot speak back. So, again the opportunity to speak English is limited. I supposed we have to live with the fact that the opportunities for listening and speaking English is limited. That does not mean that we should give up using English. I realise that English is a very important language in the world and it is definitely important that we become proficient in it. We all should be proficient in it because most of the important discoveries and advances in science, technology and other fields are available in English. So, if our command of English is lacking then we will lose out and always be left behind.

TV is not exactly very helpful. Just make an example out like this. When you're watching a movie with an English subtitle at the bottom, wouldn't it be just the same as you're reading a storybook? :lol:

Does watching TV helps you to communicate well with others? No, I don't think so. If you say, TV helps to "understand" the language, that perhaps would be acceptable. :lol: And, English is not limited in our country. English is everywhere. It is to ask ourselves whether we are up to the challenge to work and strive hard to be a good English communicator (if you want to be one!).

hi all!!

i am school-graduate and will attend for the interview as i had applied JPA scholarship to further study abroad.I ask many people how was the interview...many of them said it will be in English.What should do know as i am very lack in communication skills because the interview will be held by groups while we asked to communicate in English.tips please

huhu..it's been a while since you guys replying for this topic..

hem..as for me..i never like or hated english..not even enjoying learning english that much..but we have to..for lots of reason...and i think the main reason would always be for communication..well we all know that speaking is one way to communicate, and communication is essential in our life..we communicate everyday..since i'm still studying and in few years more, i'll finish my study and will start moving into the real world of working...that's why i really need to improve my speaking, both in writing and speaking...i don't even know which accent i use when i talk with people..we might not even realize which accent we are using...haha..cikbedah..what do you mean by 'stressing the letter R'?i dont really get the point..

Because i like to know lot of languages....english is very important to learn other language...furthermore, english been spoken and used to communicate between people that have different background/race....knowing english means going outside the box, hence it is very important and that is the main reason why i like english very much