Sign in to follow this  
daniel_5191

Block Certain Pc To Connect To Internet

I enable ZTE 831 modem as router connected to a switch/hub . There are 4 pc connected . I wish one PC can't connect to internet . How to block that ? I use Auto Obtain IP Add in Windows XP for 4 pc ..

Your help is important

thank you .

look for bridge filtering function.

add an entry using the mac address of the pc that you want to block it's net access, using 0800 as the ethernet frame type if there is that option.

if there is no bridge filtering function, use the firewall option to block it's ip address.make sure you statically set the first 3 pc using ip .2, .3 and .4 and then add an entry to block all outbound connection from ip .5-.254 . much effective that way, as even if the blocked pc changed its ip,it would stay blocked.

Gam3rX ,

Can you guide my step by step . how to block the IP ?

or can give me web ok ?

huhuhh why not u try search at mr google "block certain ip at my network...." biggrin.gif

I enable ZTE 831 modem as router connected to a switch/hub . There are 4 pc connected . I wish one PC can't connect to internet . How to block that ? I use Auto Obtain IP Add in Windows XP for 4 pc ..

Your help is important

thank you .

i think the easiest way is to disable which wan pc u need not to connect to internet thru "Local Area Connection".

okies

The easiest is set a deffrence gate way. For example the gateway is 192.168.1.1 .. u can put this no 191.161.1.8 ... for sure that person cannot go true net but still on the same LAN .. but do not show to the user aaa... if not aa they can changed back .. and u kantoi aaaa

set a firewall between your LAN and the router.. block the IP of the machine in the firewall, or better solution, block the MAC address.

or set up Squid proxy, you can do all the blocking with Squid, plus it will cache the outgoing Internet request, serving frequent requested static content locally.

jawapan cam poookeymark

mizami82, instead from complaining about people's answer, why don't you solve the problem? I believe daniel_5191 was asking for link of site that can being able to guide him through the learning process and Gygabyte succesfully gave him the solution and you absolutely do not have any rights to insult him in any means especially perkataan mencarut macam tu.

Be appreciative dan merdekakan minda anda!