Sign in to follow this  
kindaichi_hajime

How YOU Learn English?

well, with full respect, i don't see any different between this thread and its counterpart..
maybe you should go nitty-gritty on how this thread would be different ::icon_biggrin::...hmmm

but to make things different, my 1st lesson on english should be from my mum (of course!) n then my next door neighbour eh wait my front door neighbour who likes to watch Disney cartoons whenever i come over.. summore they talks in English n lastly from my all time favourite SESAME STREET!!!! ngeh ngeh ngeh...

make sure u hv e-dictionary in ur lptop/ntebook/cmpter ::icon_rabbit::

by songs,,really helps a lot

heh!..sesame street..i detest that big yellow bird and h/her friend mamoth, save for the frog, and the twins...i don't know, i just hate 'em ::icon_biggrin::..maybe i was the victim of loathe at first sight ::icon_biggrin::...
actually, i'd came to know sesame streets but not before i was 13, so maybe that was the case..too old to appreciate them...haha..

but the khermit frog and the twin(bert and,..what is the second one?) are hillarious...hahah...

@megumi: songs eh?..then i would learn to curse a lot as i'm into 'angry musics' ::icon_biggrin::..

to make it easier, use different techniques n skills.
1.read loudly (alone) - remember, mouth the words!
2.hear the sentimental songs.
3.practise with frieds. dont be shy. remember,practise makes perfect.
4.do exercises.
5.dont EVER giveup.
6.no secret ingredients or methods. do,practise,pray n tawakal - insyaAllah

yup from teacher also..hehe..plus i watched english stories..read english book.. ::icon_smile::

To be real, my english were much better after playing much PC games haha ::icon_lol:: ..And all the lesson not comin from the real english class, braintasking or study group etc..Reading comics, Movies (more on anime), & forums also made a little contributions..hoho ::icon_biggrin::

There is a way in our hobbies to achieve something if we're do it in a proper conditions and situations.. ::icon_wink::

having 'forced' to talk and chat with foreigner friend in english give me real good exercise.

well, when you are mentioning about methods, there are zillions to list!! ok ok, mine is just a simple daily basis routine, read newspapers (informative, yet it's free at my work place!!)listen to your favorite tunes, say a bit of "hi", "hello", bla bla and so on. Be practical, just my two cents ::icon_razz::

In my opinion, the best way to learn English is by learn English in the way that you enjoyed it..

I learn English by reading magazines that suit my interest.. I like photography, so I read magazines about camera.. When you enjoyed it, you will explore it..

It's same when I started to read The Star newspaper.. At the beginning, I just read the gadget section, and day by day I read the other section..

As for speaking, I took opportunity to speak with foreigner/tourist when I take an intercity train..

i always hear english songs..then i will remember the lyric..so,when i really like that song,i will find the meaning of that song by myself..u will learn english automatically..

don't shy to SPEAK in the language

using eng lg to communicate will enable you to master the language.

challenge urself ; no eng lg, no communication

[it works ! ]

for me, just find a hobby...
my hobby is PC and gaming...
so i tend to read all pc mags online and hard copy...
from there, i manage to brush up my english since i only score c5 on my spm...hehe
so starting from there, i learn so many new words and start to have confident when communicate with ppls...hehe

darwisyaperfume wrote:Watch Cerekarama can improve your English as well. Hear what the actor/actress say in Malay and read the subtittle below and learn how it should be in English. Huhuhu....

but sometime, they used "rojak" english + malay...

i prefer more in communication to learn english and also from game and songs.

heiji wrote:
darwisyaperfume wrote:Watch Cerekarama can improve your English as well. Hear what the actor/actress say in Malay and read the subtittle below and learn how it should be in English. Huhuhu....

Yes it's true, the subtitle sometimes is not accurate with what the actor/actress talking about...it same with English movie with Malay subtitle sometime not accurate...I learned English from standard 1..everybody learned from standard 1 I think...hahahahhaa....but most of time I using English during study in University and working here at Seagate...conversation among colleague is more effective way to learn English communication...for grammar..?? I also make more mistake when writing a report or doing my task..still work on it...hahahahhaha

be friends with chinese or foreigner, u will improve ur english...insyaallah

just want to release my tension doing online busniess
i do internet marketing, so all my job from, research until development all in english, everyday i read and write in english, at my university, i not to care about English, just got c+ is ok, but for this work purpose, i really need englisht

so every day i keep my self listen to fly.fm...light.fm....i watch ntv7 news at 8.00 pm
i watch drama at tv3...for malay drama i read subtitle in english, for english drama or movie, i turn of malay subtitle, i also avoid listen malay language radio or tv malay language,

i read english online newpaper like thestar.com, but also sometimes i enter malay forum, i need to go there, because my friend speak malay

that all for this time

akuccputsedut wrote:
heiji wrote:

Yes it's true, the subtitle sometimes is not accurate with what the actor/actress talking about...it same with English movie with Malay subtitle sometime not accurate...I learned English from standard 1..everybody learned from standard 1 I think...hahahahhaa....but most of time I using English during study in University and working here at Seagate...conversation among colleague is more effective way to learn English communication...for grammar..?? I also make more mistake when writing a report or doing my task..still work on it...hahahahhaha

yep, i'm second to it, one of what we call 'smart' way to learn english. Lately i'm trying to watch movies without the subs on, just love the way it is, believe me you'll learn hell lot from listening! Its true when you're in blue, try to listen to this language, it's an effective strategy to start with. It's human to make mistake, it's just fun to know that you learn a gazillion from it, unless if you try to learn the language of the Prime, ask the seekers, or anybody from Cybertron, you know what i mean, hehe.. ::icon_razz::

haha...a transformers fan i perhaps, mr amduron? huhu. and yeah! try listening to peaceful English sounds, voices.. get the whole idea of what the sentence is trying to convey. once you have figured it out, you'll find the fun of learning English through listening at most. hhee