Sign in to follow this  
josh_03

What Is Distinction Between Open Source And Window

selamat hari raya aidiladha to all of the members in putera.com.....

nowadays,we are certainly heard that the most popular of operating system used is Open source compared with window. so,here i want each of you help me to compare this two types of operating system.

p/s; if you have any resources about this topic,then you are pleased to along with

your replies.

`````````````````````you helping are very appreciated.`````````````

=================================================

so,here i want each of you help me to compare this two types of operating system.

macam cikgu bagi homework pulak..

what do you mean windows? .. window based operating system?.. microsoft windows? the projector in my classroom use windows interface ..can it be included?

Open source operating system? .. which one? . are u sure that open source OS is more popular that windows currently?.. AFAIK M$ still rule the market.

Edited by shinnosuke

open source is a family of software which everyone can modify the source code. Windows OS'es came from close source family. this mean, not everybody can read the sourcecode of any close source software including os. You cannot reverse engineering, recompile, rebuild this close source software. if you do, than, you will need more than USD1M to pay microsoft.

additional info : www.google.com.my

selamat hari raya aidiladha to all of the members in putera.com.....

nowadays,we are certainly heard that the most popular of operating system used is Open source compared with window. so,here i want each of you help me to compare this two types of operating system.

p/s; if you have any resources about this topic,then you are pleased to along with

your replies.

`````````````````````you helping are very appreciated.`````````````

=================================================

windows is from microsoft.bill gates punya

let see,nowadays people prefer to use MS window rather than open source. so,propensity by government to convert MS window to open source is only a dream.

differences of MS window and open source are realy abvious but why people still using operating system from microsoft ?what are the differences of them?

thats not 100% true, more goverment component and university in malaysia had move to open source becouse they think open source provide cheper deployment cost, cheaper maintenance cost, and longer live cycle.

let see,nowadays people prefer to use MS window rather than open source. so,propensity by government to convert MS window to open source is only a dream.

differences of MS window and open source are realy abvious but why people still using operating system from microsoft ?what are the differences of them?

china gov use red hat ( unsure.gif ? ..correct me) Open source Linux and BSD are based on Unix OS that has been used since 1960 .. compared to M$ that started on 80's. Being the oldest OS, it's not popular because it's not targeted to end user, yet at least there are an effort to bring it to home pc ..and nobody is sponsoring opens source for advertisement to become a familliar product, and who's goin to provide after sales support?