Sign in to follow this  
athlonium

Dell Customer Want Amd Processor!

contoh surat2 response kepada article dan pernyataan CEO Dell bahawa customers dell tak suka pakai AMD processor....:

Hello Inquirer,

I read your article about the CEO of DELL saying people don't want AMD Processors.. I would like to say he is dead wrong. Infact, I have both AMD's and DELL's with Intels at my work, I built the AMD computers myself.

It's ridiculous on how the AMD's outperform the DELL PC's, I paid 2x as much for the DELL's and get 2x better performance with the AMD's .. and the "only" computers that have caused problems (e.g: hardware & software) are the DELL's!

People do want AMD's, DELL would'nt know this because they don't offer them! The "only thing" Intel has over AMD is advertising, and that's it. I used both processors @ work, and the results of that has lead me to own "only" AMD's @ my home.

Intel's cost more, yet AMD's perform better. Plus, Intel goes for "MHz", and AMD has clearly shown that does'nt always mean it's the fastest. Look at AMD's new FX-55 @ 2.6 GHz, it smokes Intel's 3.6 GHz, the Intel is 1000 MHz faster, yet it can't beat a AMD 2.6 GHz? The only thing Intel is, is a "name" .. the same for "DELL".

K. Irish

=====================================================

"The most important factor in Rollins' mind appears to be that customers aren't asking for AMD processors. " I asked, they said no - so now I build my own for myself, friends & family smile.gif

That's about 10 systems so far that Dell potentially could have been considered for (my 1st PC was Dell & my laptop still is) - OK, not a lot compared to the no. of systems that they ship but I am 1 guy so multiply that figure by all the others like me....

cheers,

Name supplied

Dear Dell Computers

I have yet to purchase anything from you as you do not offer AMD systems. What have you lost. Well I have 5 systems running now and will be purchasing 5 more in the next few months. Of the 5 that will be purchased several will be dual opteron systems.

LT

elpaso texas

I just got through reading your article “Dell CEO says people don't want AMD chips,” and I can’t help but wonder how I was supposed to contact Dell regarding what I wanted?

I’ve been hoping Dell would start selling AMD chips in their notebooks for more than six months now. I really like Dell’s quality and support policies. In addition, over the last six years I’ve owned three Dell Latitudes that I loved.

Despite all this, I’ve given up waiting for them to come to their senses and am buying a laptop from another vendor just so I can get an AMD chip. I find it hard to believe I’m the only one that patiently waited for Dell to offer AMD chips.

Late next year I will be looking for a new multi processor server. Based on the current roadmaps from Intel and AMD, the server will have to be an Opteron.

Please forward my “consumer demand” for AMD based platforms direct to Dell’s CEO.

Michael Babigian

nak banyak lagi bukak arr THE INQUIRER.....

hehehe... AMD xprlu ckp bnyk. biarkan pengguna mengadilinya... hehehe...

AMD overtaking Intel in marketing : NO

AMD overtaking Intel in performance : YES

boring gak kadang2... kenapa company PC cam dell, HP, selalu guna intel... tak try invest utk AMD lak

boring gak kadang2... kenapa company PC cam dell, HP, selalu guna intel... tak try invest utk AMD lak

aku rasa HP dah start nak guna AMD.aku ada terbaca kat mana ntah.dell jer ampes...

mimos guna AMD

dah lama dah.. tapi mahal jugak rasanya, baik build sendri... dia nya A64 system tue mahal jugak

intel kuat melobi, sebab tu feymes. amd lak terlalu 'rendah diri' sampai ramai member aku yang amatur pc x tau kewujudan amd, caya x?

Geoffrey = Microsoft; Zippy = AMD; George = Intel; Bungle = Dell; R,J & F = Soundstorm

Bungle: Oh no Geoffrey! I won't play with Zippy. Ever! He annoys me. And anyway, George is my FRIEND.

*sanggup Dell kata cam tue tongue.gif

from : " http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19244 " the inquirer

Edited by arfaie

intel kuat melobi, sebab tu feymes. amd lak terlalu 'rendah diri' sampai ramai member aku yang amatur pc x tau kewujudan amd, caya x?

bukan rendah diri, aku rasa sbb AMD tak cukup duit. klu dia ada duit, xkan dia senyap je. xkan xnak promote product sndri.

mujurlah la produk dia sangat bagus! so, xheboh pun, sape2 yg memahami erti prestasi sbenar, maka mereka bijak memilih sesuatu yg mmberikn prestasi sbenar! bg mreka, apa ada pd nama?

yg pnting, kita jgn fanatik sgt. bak kata seseorg tu, 'biasa la, fanatic people taknak terima FAKTA, mereka ikut ATi mereka sahaja'. Certain people claim AMD rule the world, but research show that Intel still conquer 82.7% of market share compared to AMD 15.5%. Research for Quarter 2, 2004. Source CNET.so, Intel mnguasai pasaran dunia. itu fakta. AMD menguasai prestasi sebenar. itu juga fakta. hehehe...

no offense!

kalau nak cakap pasal market, budak tadika pun tau Intel yg pegang, tapi kalau pasal prestasi (price per performance, etc), budak U pun belum tentu tau AMD yang pegang... bercakap mengenai market ni, aku pun rasa AMD tak cukup belanja utk buat marketing mcm Intel, sebab market dia terlalu kecil berbanding Intel. silap2 kang boleh tutup plak AMD, tapi disebabkan takdak marketing AMD boleh maintain low price.

AMD Athlon 128 50Ghz + nFORCE10 chipset with

HyperDuperTransport tech

power giler pc ko laugh.gif pc zaman ke berape tuh? biggrin.gif

cool ok cool.gif no offense cool.gif (crimson star)

aku pun sama, ada gak member aku yang tak tau ader proc selain pentium.

eeemmmm..... unsure.gif