Sign in to follow this  
zaleo_83

Interview Session

These are the tips for interviewing that I can think can help you.

During an interview, it is vital (penting) that you show confidence is speaking whatever language that the interviewer asks you. Even if you speak basic english, show confidence. Make your answers short and precise. Feel free to add one or two Bahasa Malaysia if you really have no idea what it means in English. But do not overdo it. One i considerable. Two words is maximum. Any more than two words are considered rude. However, do not use Bahasa Malaysia at all if your interviewer is a foreigner.

What words can you say? Anything. Seriously. Say anything. As long as it make sense, and you have confidence saying it.

Hope I helped.

Sit up straight and speak clearly.

also, a typical instruction during interview is "Tell me about yourself."

and the typical respond would be "I went to SRK Bla bla. and then i went to SMK bla bla and i got bla bla in spm..."

and that is not quite what the interviewers looked for. this is actually your chance to stand out from other candidate. this is where you state something that is not mentioned in the CV like, your attitude towards work, how you discipline yourself, how are you dependable etc.

also, to make the interview realistic, include some of your weakness, but not by too much. and make sure the weakness is one that you can overcome. All self-boasting interviews is not in our culture and only shows that we are too full of ourselves.

i think this should highlight what's typically misunderstood.

speak confidently, clearly and loudly but don't yell :P

show you have good personality.

and always smile so you can attract the interviewers but don't overdo that (smile like stinky kerang)

ok... these are my points

1) Confident is a must but over confident gonna kill your chances instead of nailing it. Seriously

2) DO NOT beat around the bush (merepek) too much. Sometime, too much information out from your mouth will backfire you back.

3) Gesture. Sit properly and try not to lean on on your back seat or head rest or bending to the front. Straight!!

4) Everytime when I speak I love to look at people eyes. Somehow it always make me feel like that I have full control of the discussion and I get most of my confidence from there.

5) As somebody who had problem to speak in public when he was young (gagap (english?), lack of self confidence, I guess) i always try to look a better way to stand up during discussion session so that I can feel stronger and usually by looking at people face (eyes to be more specific) and saying to myself (addressing to the person that im speaking with) while smiling, You are full 5hit, you don't even know what are you talking about. Somehow after saying that to the person that im speaking with (say it quietly to yourself... if not you will end up a knife stuck on your forehead) i always feel stronger and able to communicate properly. Dunno if you get what im trying to say..

all the best

speak confidently, clearly and loudly but don't yell :P

show you have good personality.

and always smile so you can attract the interviewers but don't overdo that (smile like stinky kerang)

lulz...

bro..

kerang = shellfish

stinky shellfish???

lulz...

bro..

kerang = shellfish

stinky shellfish???

thanks for that...that word didn't come in my mind. perhaps I'm not too often pump the petrol in Shell Station :P

by the way, shellfish = mollusk :) (add another vocabulary)

At least make an effort learn something about your future organisation, take the time to look around for brochures, organisational charts, etc etc who's who.

Be aware of the current local issues/news and do prepare your opinion also and if you're asked about it then elaborate your answers but don't stall the ideas.

Also if I may suggest before the interview, it doesn't hurt to talk to the person who's sitting next to you. By befriending someone it'll help warms you up a little, and who knows, you'd see that person again after this! Good luck and good for you if that happens.

ok let say, our interviewer asking for salary?what answer should be the best to answering that question?

just answer that amount, or we can just let him/her decide, n we just ignore.. ??

ok... these are my points

1) Confident is a must but over confident gonna kill your chances instead of nailing it. Seriously

2) DO NOT beat around the bush (merepek) too much. Sometime, too much information out from your mouth will backfire you back.

3) Gesture. Sit properly and try not to lean on on your back seat or head rest or bending to the front. Straight!!

4) Everytime when I speak I love to look at people eyes. Somehow it always make me feel like that I have full control of the discussion and I get most of my confidence from there.

5) As somebody who had problem to speak in public when he was young (gagap (english?), lack of self confidence, I guess) i always try to look a better way to stand up during discussion session so that I can feel stronger and usually by looking at people face (eyes to be more specific) and saying to myself (addressing to the person that im speaking with) while smiling, You are full 5hit, you don't even know what are you talking about. Somehow after saying that to the person that im speaking with (say it quietly to yourself... if not you will end up a knife stuck on your forehead) i always feel stronger and able to communicate properly. Dunno if you get what im trying to say..

all the best

kerang=cockel

ok let say, our interviewer asking for salary?what answer should be the best to answering that question?

just answer that amount, or we can just let him/her decide, n we just ignore.. ??

If the interviewer asking for salary.. propose them the amount that significance with your ability, skill, your experience with the field and so on... after that.. they will judging with ur propose n grant it if significance... :lol:

i used to have an interview with petronas. and i eventually successful..

Alhamdulillah..

if anyone intersed for the tips, just PM me, any time. I ll entertain u insyaAllah..