Sign in to follow this  
daniel_5191

Zte 831 Modem

I configured my ZTE 831 modem as router , added NAT rule for BT . Both work fine . But i have problem with MSN Audio conversation . When my friend sent me audio conversation , my modem all lights on and disconnected from streamyx . I hope you guys out there can guide me / give me idea . I am pleased if you can guide me step by step as i'm newbie.

Thank you for your time .

Fitri ,

Thank you for your idea / solution . I forwarded 6891-6901 port for my BT/P2P and it works fine . MSN Audio uses 1864 port ? I am glad to tell you that i can use skype but i failed to use MSN Audio . Just wish to know whether ZTE modem ( in router mode ) has the port to support incoming traffic of MSN Audio . Don't mean offense .

Thank you for your time

daniel_5191,

have you tried with another different kind of modem?, or you can try bridge mode instead.Personally, i think its the modem in the router mode, last time i have this problem with skyape where the problem is similar to you. I tried bridging mode and its work. Dont know why la..just give it a shot. biggrin.gif

Edited by iskandariah45

daniel_5191,

have you tried with another different kind of modem?, or you can try bridge mode instead.Personally, i think its the modem in the router mode, last time i have this problem with skyape where the problem is similar to you. I tried  bridging mode and its work. Dont know why la..just give it a shot. biggrin.gif

Iskan ,

Thanks for your concern . I am able to use Skype in router mode ZTE 831 modem . But i cannot use MSN Audio , the modem's lights all on and disconnected from streamyx . I didn't know how to do it in bridge mode .

Thank you for your time .

you can reset the modem and after that u have to create a dialer in windows XP network connections or if you used other windows version, you can used winpoet or you can install RassPPPoe (uh did i type it correctly :-D

My last time problem is I cant used skyape in router mode and it will keep disconected from the net until i change it into Bridging mode.

Iskan ,

Thank you for your sharing .

For your information . I am sharing internet connection with my sister thru a switch hub . I cannot create dialer as it won't enable internet sharing ( or forward any packects to the internal IP using the same public IP / streamyx ) . This is the reason i have to configure ZTE modem 831 into router/DHCP mode . Then only my sister and me can online , surf net , play game at the same time , and we dun need to dial . I know there is windows XP gateway function to enable internet sharing connection but the speed just wasn't satisfied as my friend tried it before .

I have second solution . Buy a new and better modem ( probably D-link ) !...hahaha...

Iskan ,

Thank you for your sharing .

For your information . I am sharing internet connection with my sister thru a switch hub . I cannot create dialer as it won't enable internet sharing ( or forward any packects to the internal IP using the same public IP / streamyx ) . This is the reason i have to configure ZTE modem 831 into router/DHCP mode . Then only my sister and me can online , surf net , play game at the same time , and we dun need to dial . I know there is windows XP gateway function to enable internet sharing  connection but the speed just wasn't satisfied as my friend tried it before .

I have second solution . Buy a new and better modem ( probably D-link ) !...hahaha...

err, what a kind of question ? as i knew, you already answered for your question. hmm.. d-link ? i've a better idea. try for aztech. tongue.gif

valve ,

I just failed to use MSN Audio , but i can use Skype . My ZTE 831 modem is in router mode . I wish to know why i can't use MSN Audio but i can use Skype . Just that .

Thanks for your time .