Sign in to follow this  
telini

Trade-in cellphones

Any tips to get a good price when I trade-in phone?

I only sold once at a phone shop, but they dont really give good price

How about sell the phone for me, may i know what model is it... if you interested please private message me...

No lah, at phone always have a good price, how come others place can be more cheaper...

Really or not, because some of the phone store are offer more valuable price 

How about sell the phone for me, may i know what model is it... if you interested please private message me...

I try it before, but still provide lower price, how bad they are...

just old iphone 6s... still in good condition but if I want to sell nearby my house they only take like rm550

No lah, at phone always have a good price, how come others place can be more cheaper...

Is there any other place that takes in old smartphones also other than phone shops? Never had I heard before about it, usually if we want to trade in phones we would immediately think of phone shops.

just old iphone 6s... still in good condition but if I want to sell nearby my house they only take like rm550

Cant expect too much for Iphone 6 bro, it is already out until Iphone X, so in my opinion if can get RM550 is very good already, probably should just sell it for that price if you urgent for money.

If sell to phone shop the price is more or less also same, some shops wont even buy it tho if your smartphone is already very outdated model, if they dont see any value in taking it then they cant offer you a very high price also.

Can reduce or not, if lower than i buy

If sell to phone shop the price is more or less also same, some shops wont even buy it tho if your smartphone is already very outdated model, if they dont see any value in taking it then they cant offer you a very high price also.

U have to sell to people who are really need, because they really can offer a good price...

Is there any other place that takes in old smartphones also other than phone shops? Never had I heard before about it, usually if we want to trade in phones we would immediately think of phone shops.

Not necessarily phone shops, shops that sell electronic gadgets such as Senheng also willing to accept old phones as trade-in to deduct the amount required to pay when buying new phones, but need to see the condition of the phone also.

U have to sell to people who are really need, because they really can offer a good price...

Yeah selling second hand to other people is another option also, some people dont want to spend so much on getting new phones so they prefer to get a second hand one at a cheaper price.

Yeah selling second hand to other people is another option also, some people dont want to spend so much on getting new phones so they prefer to get a second hand one at a cheaper price.

Thats way human being love the thing cheaper, but in quality product, u can imagine that a cheaper price how can buy a quality product?? 

Can reduce or not, if lower than i buy

If the product cheaper, i bet u dont dare to buy it 

Thats way human being love the thing cheaper, but in quality product, u can imagine that a cheaper price how can buy a quality product?? 

Rather buy cheaper thing, how about try at online Platform like Mudah?

Hahahah, agree with u....

I have mixed review about buying cheap things online though.. I mean sure got a few good sellers sold it cheap, but best if can do meet up before paying for the item...

How about try at Carousell?? 

Sometimes cheaper product might be a good quality, u have to believe on it...

I have mixed review about buying cheap things online though.. I mean sure got a few good sellers sold it cheap, but best if can do meet up before paying for the item...

But quite seldom is it?? 

Cheaper thing what we want is can be apply in our daily life, i think so

Not necessarily phone shops, shops that sell electronic gadgets such as Senheng also willing to accept old phones as trade-in to deduct the amount required to pay when buying new phones, but need to see the condition of the phone also.

I see, but that one only for trade-in when buying new phones, sometimes ppl just want to get the money for something else rather than getting new phones, so cannot sell to those shops.

Rather buy cheaper thing, how about try at online Platform like Mudah?

Heard not so good things about Mudah tho, maybe can intro other platform instead? Dunwan to take the risk bro.

We self need to becareful bro, some ppl are just too greedy in buying cheap price and not knowing that is a trap of scammers, so we need to be diligent also lah, feels bad if our money gone like that.

How about try at Carousell?? 

Used Carousell before, sold my Huawei P20 Pro for RM 2k just so I can get my hands on the new P30 Pro :D:D The response time over there is pretty good I would say, received quite a few Pm's already just after one day of posting.

Cheaper thing what we want is can be apply in our daily life, i think so

Of course everyone want to buy cheap things if possible especially with the increasing living cost, that's why a lot ppl will try to nego with you for a lower price when buying from you, that's the mentality nowadays.

Heard not so good things about Mudah tho, maybe can intro other platform instead? Dunwan to take the risk bro.

Can try out Carousell also if you are into selling second hand items or buying, but they also got brand new items selling over there so need to see what items that you are interested in, can sort out through the Item Condition tab on the left side if you are using PC.

Used Carousell before, sold my Huawei P20 Pro for RM 2k just so I can get my hands on the new P30 Pro :D:D The response time over there is pretty good I would say, received quite a few Pm's already just after one day of posting.

Mind asking how is your dealing process? The buyer directly bank-in to you and you post it to him after receiving the money? Or did you guys arrange to meet-up first before sealing the deal?

Edited by bambam

Wow second hand still can sell for so much ah? I thought the price would be at most only half of its original only since the P30 model was already released

Edited by meesuhaimee

Mind asking how is your dealing process? The buyer directly bank-in to you and you post it to him after receiving the money? Or did you guys arrange to meet-up first before sealing the deal?

He PM-ed and asked whether can COD or not, can understand lah since the item is not cheap so people would want to double check before buying, and since from Carousell can set my location so he knew I was staying near to him so it would be easy for us to meet up.

Wow second hand still can sell for so much ah? I thought the price would be at most only half of its original only since the P30 model was already released.

It is just few months before that I bought so the condition is still very new, and since the P30 Pro is much more expensive so there are still ppl out there who would want to buy P20 Pro due to difference in price.

One tip that I can share is to look at the reviews left by other buyers on the main page of the seller that you are trying to buy from, if at Carousell all the reviews are monitored by their staff all the time so you can be sure all of them legit and not fake.
https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001177087-Rating-and-Review-Policy

Edited by titipoh