Sign in to follow this  
mrx

internal HDD Hard error

i have a Dell Inspiron 6000 which started giving me the following error about a year ago (was to short on cash to fix it at the time and decided recently to see what I can do):

Internal HDD Hard Error
No internal hard drive found
Press F1 to continue, F2 to run the startup utility

...or something to that effect.

So when this problem occured I assumed that my hard drive died and I just needed to replace it. I didn't have anything of great importance on the hard drive, so yesterday I just went and purchased a new one. After putting the new hard drive in, the same error comes up. I haven't done a whole lot of work with hardware and I'm not sure what this means for me. Any helpful hints/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Hiruka wrote:Have u try resetting the CMOS to its default value?

all solution try..accept default,resetting,reformat again,take new on hdd..all same come out problem..

im having the same problem with a hard drive I tried putting into my dell inspiron 6000. It is a WD 250gb hard drive, and i keep getting error HDD Hard Error. I tried plugging the hard drive into my external enclosure and plugging it into my other computer, but it does not read it either. Any ideas?