Sign in to follow this  
pirdaus

Could You Help Me Mastering English

hye peeps, okay here is my story. i was born in an average family, my father studied until year 6 and my mom until form 3. my kak long n kakngah only have their spm n never further their study. my 3rd sis managed to further her study in itm but she didnt finish her study. me on the other hand managed to have a degree. so if you are like me, brought up from an average family, you can master english. it is not easy but it can be done. first you must read a lot. read english materials, then listening is also a very good exercise. i love music and if we listen enough we can grasp the language, we pick up the language. then after that you can start communicating. this is a good and safe space. try to build your confidence in speaking and communicating. it is a lifelong process but you can do it, everybody can. up to yourself to improve. good luck!

[quote name='SaifulPutra' timestamp='1314512794' post='1071591']
my situation is.....i know what myfriends speak,but iam dont how to speak with mereka..any suggestion pls... :155:
[/quote]
[quote name='wan_zaid' timestamp='1314648371' post='1071672']
i agree with saifulputre..most of us can understand what they say but we're so hardly to speak to them back including me..plz anyone here who was truly zero to hero give us some advise because they are truly understand what we need...
[/quote]

aiikk... both have a same problem... errmmm... 1st of all both of you need to think back why you can't communicate either you ashamed an think people will laugh at you or you scared to talk... if you already know what is your root problem so we can go to the next level how to improve it... hahahahhaa....

[quote name='naufalladif' timestamp='1320738317' post='1074857']
hye peeps, okay here is my story. i was born in an average family, my father studied until [b]year 6[/b] and my mom until form 3. my kak long n kakngah only have their spm n never further their study. my 3rd sis managed to further her study in itm but she didnt finish her study. [b]me [/b]on the other hand managed to have a degree. so if you are like me, brought up from an average family, you can master english. it is not easy but it can be done. first you must read a lot. read english materials, then listening is also a very good exercise. i love music and if we listen enough we can grasp the language, we pick up the language. then after that you can start communicating. this is a good and safe space. try to build your confidence in speaking and communicating. it is a lifelong process but you can do it, everybody can. up to yourself to improve. good luck!
[/quote]

So sorryyy.. I am so fussy about this sometimes...when you wrote something you need to use capital for word 'I'.... [b]year 6[/b] need to wrote as "standard 6"<--- refer to the primary school...never start writing with word "me"

I am not a person that like music so much.. but I have learn to speak English by conversation with the people that can't speak or understand Malay language at all... hahahhaha... read a dictionary and always use bigger word that have small meaning... hahahhaha.... such as word "tired" change it to "exhausted"...

Correct me if I am wrong... just an ordinary people like all of you that need to learn more...

some tips...

1. must improve vocab, learn new words and the context where it can be used.
2. must always try to think in english so dont need to translate in your mind first.
3. watch english programs on tv to learn how people speak and form sentences.
4. practice speaking in english whenever possible. Imitate from others.
5. if shy, try including english terms when speaking in BM first.