Sign in to follow this  
Jason Chong

Gunbolt, Side Scrolling Shooter Hybrid.

http://www.stratobit.com

Press Release

Stratobit, a new casual gaming startup has announced the release of GUNBOLT, a casual side-scrolling run-n-gun shooter game.

Developed with both casual gamers and fans of side scrolling run-n-gun games in mind, the game aims to please existing fans of this genre and also at the same time win new fans from the casual gaming scene by incorporating easy to navigate controls using the mouse in addition to the keyboard and joypad/stick

Game Storyline.

Somewhere on earth, in the jungle of PeaceVille, peasants worship the Pingoo bird to ensure a fruitful annual harvest. The peasants do not realize their peaceful village is about to be in trouble.

The evil Doctor BirdBreath has managed to obtain alien technology and is using it to create his army of biomechanical mutants, machines and robots for world domination, starting with PeaceVille.

Can ChipFox and his sidekick robot the MainKid (MK3000) save the peasants of Peaceville from the evil clutches of Dr BirdBreath ?!

Features:

* run and gun parallax side scrolling shooter with some platforms.
* tons of enemy sprites to keep the game fresh and fun.
* many bosses in the game enough to keep the player busy.
* mechanics where player can control when/what bonus items to get.
* choose from 2 characters to play the game.
* crisp/clear sound fx to keep the adrenaline pumping.
* colorful artwork and pre-rendered 3D sprites/animation.
* addictive and fun game for the family at an affordable price.

http://www.stratobit.com

Webpage to gunbolt, with screen shots and purchase links.
http://www.stratobit.com/games.php

Game demo direct download link:
http://www.stratobit.com/downloads/gboltdemo.exe

About the author:

Jason Chong is the owner of Stratobit and also the creator of Gunbolt, a casual side-scrolling run-n-gun shooter game tailored for the casual gaming community and also existing fans of such genre.

QUOTE(Jason Chong @ Nov 15 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Self funded through various jobs, and a mix of part-time and full-time, 100 percent 1 man show... FOREVER.

*LOL*

That must be tough, man.... anyways, good luck for the game and hope you can distribute it all around the world. Make good money from it and develop other awesome games in the future... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(XenoAisam @ Nov 23 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG! just like sonic adventure!

what is minimum system requirement for this game?

This game was originally developed on a celeron 333 with 128 mb ram and 8 mb video card.

I have no idea if it still runs on that machine since I retired it.

YOu should be fine with 256 mb ram with xp and 16mb card and p3 machine.

Excellent game smile.gif , what programming language and game engine are you using for the development ?

mind setup a team among us ? ( PUTERA's members ) , you can be the "guru" among us smile.gif

QUOTE(XenoAisam @ Nov 26 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or work with my mod (unrealscript) ~ BANZAI!
http://forum.putera.com/tanya/t60736.html

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Whoah you guys don't think too highly of me lah.

I am quite left behind on recent technology already so all the new stuff/scripts you guys are using I am considered noob to those lah.

Sudah tua lah. I need to refresh my skill and catch up with actionscript 3.0 too.

As for tools used with Gunbolt, not the latest.

Delphi 5.0

DelphiX component by that TMPEGEnc dude.

Bass music from un4seen.com for the audio/music engine.
Edited by Jason Chong

Don't worry... mind to share your experience in the Malaysia game industry. I do believed that most members here already familiar with their favorite development tools. So, with we can share our view and opinion on any matters related to game industry. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Jason Chong @ Nov 26 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoah you guys don't think too highly of me lah.

I am quite left behind on recent technology already so all the new stuff/scripts you guys are using I am considered noob to those lah.

Dude , it's better to drive witn an old morris minor instead of a mercedes if you not even know how to drive it, If you knock some one with a mercedes ...well, that's expensive , but if with a morris minor ...not that so painful , right ? .A Morris minor may be out dated but if it still can suits your purposes why abandoned it?

my point is , you tools may be old but the technics , the creativity , the algorithm and the idea is there!!

QUOTE(FixxxxxeR @ Nov 28 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude , it's better to drive witn an old morris minor instead of a mercedes if you not even know how to drive it, If you knock some one with a mercedes ...well, that's expensive , but if with a morris minor ...not that so painful , right ? .A Morris minor may be out dated but if it still can suits your purposes why abandoned it?

my point is , you tools may be old but the technics , the creativity , the algorithm and the idea is there!!

ehem~ storyline too

QUOTE(FixxxxxeR @ Dec 2 2008, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUGS DETECTED!!!:
sedihnya.... game ni tak leh run dalam Windows 98 , baru jer nak suruh anak sedara test, tak jalan lak...

I doubt it's the OS. Make sure you have the proper drivers and directx version for your system.

Without further details I can't comment any further.

QUOTE(Jason Chong @ Dec 2 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt it's the OS. Make sure you have the proper drivers and directx version for your system.

Without further details I can't comment any further.

I have installed all the required driver including DIrectX 8.0 , GunBolt gives an empty white blank screen form when I run it ( with backgorund music). After pressing ALt+Enter then the graphics come out and the system got hang a few seconds later. All my earlier installed games are running fine with the computer.I wish you could figure this out. If I'm not mistaken DelphiX only requires DirectX 7.0 and should be fine with DirectX 8.0

p/s man ..my english sucks!

and Jason , if you could fix this Windows 98 problems and make a MALAY version of it , I'll buy the game !! , it's not for me ..but for the kids

QUOTE(FixxxxxeR @ Dec 3 2008, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have installed all the required driver including DIrectX 8.0 , GunBolt gives an empty white blank screen form when I run it ( with backgorund music). After pressing ALt+Enter then the graphics come out and the system got hang a few seconds later. All my earlier installed games are running fine with the computer.I wish you could figure this out. If I'm not mistaken DelphiX only requires DirectX 7.0 and should be fine with DirectX 8.0

p/s man ..my english sucks!

and Jason , if you could fix this Windows 98 problems and make a MALAY version of it , I'll buy the game !! , it's not for me ..but for the kids

I suspect your video card is too old and doesn't have enough of video ram.

Just a suspicion. Best to have at least 16 mb and above and updated drivers.