matthew.says

The Real May 13 Story

The May 13 Events Were...  

13 members have voted

1. 1. The May 13 Events Were...

• Racially motivated
    • Politically motivated
    • Not sure

I don't know if you can trust the history books anymore but head over to MPH to get a copy of :

May 13: Declassified Documents on the Malaysian Riots of 1969

by Dr Kua Kia Soong, Suaram, 2007

This is an analysis of documents declassified at the Public Records Office, London, after the lapse of the 30-year secrecy rule. The documents provide the only available confidential observations and memoranda by British and other foreign embassy operatives based on their intelligence and contacts with local officials and politicians. These documents clearly show who were responsible for the violence and pose the question why the security forces allowed the violence to go on.

The May 13 riots were by no means a spontaneous outburst of violence between Malays and Chinese but rather a planned coup d’etat by the ascendant state capitalist class against the Tunku-led aristocracy. The author discusses the contradictions of the post-Independencec Alliance racial formula and traces the rise of this new Malay capitalist class which has ruled Malaysia since 1969.

About the author: Kua Kia Soong is a director and founding member of human rights organisation, Suaram. He was a Member of Parliament for Petaling Jaya (1990-95), a former political detainee during Operasi Lalang (1987-89) and former lecturer at the National University of Singapore (1978-79).

or read these articles:

The REAL story of May 13 (part 1)

The REAL story of May 13 (part 2)

Please vote and leave your constructive comments/opinions. No flaming or criticizing others please. I will lock this topic if it gets out of hand.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Edited by matthew.says

great site for reference <_< . OMG its on malaysia-today it must be true and not bias to any other side!!1!1!!1one .

yeah, blame the dead guy.Anyway i dont think anyone gonna comment more about this ,there maybe some power struggle or whatever but it cant bring back all the people that lost their life that day . No one here want a new "13 mei " . Im sorry but when i read any other forum its not the malay guys always with the mentality of

"OMG w r gunna hav 13 mei'ed again . OH noes .Halp !! Ned US/Outside force intervention" . Thats why i dont think this topic getting more response from the users in this forum.. well i might be wrong..

Edited by hampeh

I admit some of those non-Malay forumers behave in childish ways but that's their problem.

You shouldn't remain in your cocoon, open your eyes. The truth will set you free.

Keep the votes coming and your constructive comments.

I admit some of those non-Malay forumers behave in childish ways but that's their problem.

You shouldn't remain in your cocoon, open your eyes. The truth will set you free.

Keep the votes coming and your constructive comments.

sori mister matthew...tapi apa rasional u buka topik ini? saya percaya setiap kaum akan mempertahankan kaum sendiri dan keadaan ini la yg akan menyebabkan timbulnya musibah 13 mei..

sepatutnya, apa yg dh berlalu kita jadikan iktibar. perkara yg boleh menimbulkan perbalahan antara kaum...jgn diusik.

I don't know if you can trust the history books anymore but head over to MPH to get a copy of :

or read these articles:

The REAL story of May 13 (part 1)

The REAL story of May 13 (part 2)

Please vote and leave your constructive comments/opinions. No flaming or criticizing others please. I will lock this topic if it gets out of hand.

Thank you for your cooperation!

I doubt the credential of the author...

Hanya mereka yang hidup dan mengalami sendiri peristiwa 13 Mei 1969 boleh bercerita secara telus tentang peristiwa sebenar yang berlaku..

Apa yang kita semua tahu, hanyalah terdapat rusuhan kaum antara kaum Melayu dan kaum Cina..

Apa yang diputarbelitkan oleh pihak terlibat adalah "apakah punca kejadian 13 Mei 1969"

Apa yang menjadi fakta ialah terdapat banyak kematian berlaku terhadap kedua-dua kaum Melayu dan Cina (dan India juga, mereka jadi mangsa)..

Apa yang menjadi persoalan ialah, kenapa sebenarnya cerita ini dibangkitkan semula?.. Adakah secara ikhlas jujur untuk belajar dari sejarah?.. Atau terdapat muslihat di belakang tabir?.. Atau bertujuan menyalahkan pihak tertentu tentang kejadian 13 Mei 1969 yang telah berlaku 40 tahun dahulu?

Who do you doubt? Dr Kua Kia Soong or RPK?

To reveal the real culprits behind the events so that we do not repeat the same mistake again which is relevant to current circumstances(which is also the author's objective).

Did you know our media was heavily censored during the event? They were only allowed to release whatever the ppl allowed. The ironic thing is that Malaysians who were overseas during the event, knew the real cause behind it, better than we do. Why? Because the media over there were more truthful in reporting.

Furthermore the documents have been declassified in London and you can get a book on it at MPH.

Edited by matthew.says

I never credited RPK and I don't know, heck I don't read yet the book, so, I don't know who Dr Kua Kia Soong really is (I know he's the author of the book)

And they want to reveal the real culprit behind 13th May history NOW?? Due to Government censorship??

Okay.. Who's the culprit and why?.. What are the proof that supporting your/author/someone else's allegations.. What are the action to take to prevent that bloody incident from happening again.. And most importantly, do we really need to reveal your point as "the truth behind 13th May"??..

Edited by baok

If you read my first post and my reply above carefully, you would realise that the secret documents were only declassified recently which explains the late revelation of the events.

The author did not pluck his story from the air, it was based on real documents. If you doubt RPK's authenticity, then you can head over to MPH to get a copy of the book.

Don't take my word for it, get the book.

Rationalnya? Supaya sejarah tidak akan diulang.

Aku tak faham kenapa orang lain selalu fikir benda ni akan berulang terutama user2 kat forum lowyat tu ,aku pasti kebanyakkan respon user dalam forum putera ni , yang post atau pun sekadar baca hanya fikir " Benda dah lepas biar la, let bygone be bygone " . Apa yang aku nampak dalam site RPK tu macam hendak menunjukkan BN atau secara tepatnya UMNO aka orang melayu akan mengulangi kembali peristiwa ni,padahal takde pun camtu , ada pulak user comment kat site tu anggap benda tu betul sampai jadi tahap paranoia takut kat kerajaan. Bila benda ni diungkit akan timbul masalah siapa yang hendak disalahkan , bila berbincang pasal salah siapa . Mulalah bergaduh ... :\

Tak baik kita ungkit benda ni pasal nak menuding jari salah siapa, benda dah lepas.

Edited by hampeh

Sebenarnya tujuan utama thread ini bukan utk menuduh siapa-siapa tapi lebih untuk minta pendapat forumer di samping educate supaya tiada org yg akan menuduh sesama kaum yg akan menimbulkan rasa tidak puas hati.

Ok la, macam ni, siapa yg tak nak comment, at least vote kalau tak berat jari :)

(Peringatan: Thread akan ditutup jika ada sesiapa yg menimbulkan masalah)

I will get the book Matthews, I'm gonna find it at MPH or Kinokuniya and I'm gonna read it.. but that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe it.. You see, I'm a skeptical person..

If that's the only book about 13th May available, then I have nothing to compare, thus I don't quickly approve the authenticity of the story...

dari apa yang aku belajar dan dari apa artikel yang aku baca dan kajian orang akademik,

punca 13 Mei ialah ketidakseimbangan sosial dan politik antara masyarakat.

dari situ mula muncul rasa tak puas hati dan akhirnya berlakunya benda ni.

Buku tu kalau tak silap aku dah launch lama dah. Aku pun nak baca jugak, cuma takde masa dan kekadang rasa malas nak pi kedai buku. Masa launch dulu pun ada gak suara-suara bising-bising, tapi takde pengharaman ke apa pun, so baca je lah untuk menambah ilmu pengetahuan. Syok baca bahan-bahan sejarah ni.

nope... bukan dalam 13 Mei.. tu peristiwa lain..

lain ek?yang aku tau ada benda2 terbang la....kapak ke pedang ke tak pasti la...

biasa la orang dulu2..

yang aku tau lagi 13 mei jadi sebab orang cina sangat kurang ajar kat orang melayu masa tu!

lain ek?yang aku tau ada benda2 terbang la....kapak ke pedang ke tak pasti la...

biasa la orang dulu2..

yang aku tau lagi 13 mei jadi sebab orang cina sangat kurang ajar kat orang melayu masa tu!

Nope.. itu peristiwa Panglima Salleh vs Komunis di Batu Pahat..

Panglima Salleh mengamuk di Batu Pahat lawan Komunis.. dengan Parang Terbang... Peristiwa benar, tapi rasanya Panglima Salleh tak turunkan ilmunya kepada sesiapapun.. wallahua'lam...

Nope.. itu peristiwa Panglima Salleh vs Komunis di Batu Pahat..

Panglima Salleh mengamuk di Batu Pahat lawan Komunis.. dengan Parang Terbang... Peristiwa benar, tapi rasanya Panglima Salleh tak turunkan ilmunya kepada sesiapapun.. wallahua'lam...

ade dia turunkan tapi pada kaum hawa,syaratnya tak boleh guna Parang kena guna pinggan.Suami yg buat hal nanti adelah kes pinggan terbang terjadi. hehehe.....(gurau aje...) :lol:

Edited by Tun loy_azloy

:huh::lol:

Actually, peristiwa tu memang benar, cuma yang "parang terbang" tu ada dua versi..

1. Memang parang tu terbang

2. Bukan parang terbang, tetapi Panglima Salleh dan pengikutnya jadi halimunan.. Jadi orang cuma nampak parang saja yang tetak komunis.. Orang pun katalah "parang terbang"...

Wallahua'lam.. :)

--back to the topic---

Edited by baok