bbrdcg

How To Improve Your English?

ahaha.. what a teacher. u dun hafta go to london to spice up ur english. we got hell lot of english speakers here. get talk to them. or speak with cadet pilots here like HeavenX or nicherology. i bet their english is superb and beyond imagination since their jobs require em to speak english.

Meh at all the suggestions above >_>

anyway what I recommand is to play more RPG games especially D&D(Dungeons and Dragon) games such as baldur gate series and Icewind Dale series.Those game can really improve your english since you have to know the story well if you wanna proceed until the end of the game.

Second surf more on English forums.Not only you manage to get some useful information there,you can also improve your writing skills in english unless your'e a lurker there.

I think those two are enough since most of the time I do those only :D

i was going to say that too...

u must speak the language, my friend..

then go watch english movies and read english newspapers..

learn the pronunciation, vocab, etc..

by the way, hello shelby township.. :rolleyes:

Hello guys,

Do I need to go to London to improve my english or it just make more worst since there is some of words that I couldn't understand well and I might need to open dictionary often and that could be bothering me and everyone else :lol:

p/s: beside I never ever can afford myself to study english at London Tee-hee.

american also do a lot of mistakes in their english, really....a lot. you know what, american always say malaysian have cute accent, and always using bombastic rare words (which i agree a lot) lol

versanner,

i agree with you

i was thinking how would pure english speaker (american / britain) judge our english (malaysian)

maybe they would hear us too "BAKU" just like we talk bahasa malaysia baku in our daily conversation.

they themselves wont speak that "baku" english..so we might sound funny to them..

my english is bad..i wonder if somebody understand what i am trying to say here ;(

versanner,

i agree with you

i was thinking how would pure english speaker (american / britain) judge our english (malaysian)

maybe they would hear us too "BAKU" just like we talk bahasa malaysia baku in our daily conversation.

they themselves wont speak that "baku" english..so we might sound funny to them..

my english is bad..i wonder if somebody understand what i am trying to say here ;(

i also agree with you.. not all pure english speaker (american / britain)can talk good..

I believe at least we are more good than any other Asean country such as Japan which a lot of their people don't like to communicate in English because of their's culture and tradition. But that doesn't mean we are good enough and look down on other but I guess that's not our way anyway. Malaysian is one of most nicest and kind people, we treat other fair and square except when we are on the road Tee-Hee. :lol:

p/s: Sorry about my grammar, it'll never be better from before & forever.

i have big problem about english

i think i can write in english eventhough no so excellent type of writing

but when it comes to speaking, only God knows how hard the words coming out of my mouth.

i wonder if somebody experiencing the same or it is only me which means that im really weak in English.

but when it comes to speaking, only God knows how hard the words coming out of my mouth.

i wonder if somebody experiencing the same or it is only me which means that im really weak in English.

of cost not.. many people will become time speech like public speaking... they will become freeze for a certain time..

i m also same like u.. so dont be worry about...

i think my problem is same with you.i can understand nearly every english word when i read it.but when it comes to talking,i feel really difficult to construct my sentence which suit what exactly i mean.one of my teacher said that my problem is typical for many malaysians and the only way to improve it is by always speak english.but i always mix with malays and if we talk english with them............you know what will happen. ^_^

The bottom line is, the best way to improve our english skills is by using it as many time as possible. By doing that, someone can get familiar with many words, know how to use the correct language structures and grammar. Speak and write english a lot......some people especially malays will call you "mat saleh celup" or "poyo" or whatsover fancy words, but think again....they are nothing to you, just some worms or a total loser that like to see other people failures.

ps: i use english a lot here, and some people have become so negatives about it. Up until today, 3 people sent me a clear message about that. Well, the f--k i care about that...

i improve my pronounsation by watching english program...

n right now... i have an american accent... hate it!!!

n everyone thinks i'm just faking it....

but actually it is strangely not....

n it just happened naturally.... huhu....

why american accent? hm... do we have british program on tv?

nope... thats why..... hehe....

im having serious grammar misused... impact of lazy studying english at school back then.. hehe..

btw, i used to read tons of articles in english at(from?) wikipedia.. gaining knowledges plus learning new vocabs, words etc..~ but i think its still not enuff.. hurm.. oh i know, because here in my college we often using bahasa as a medium of communication not like MMU.. want to speak english, my frenz are all dumb enuff to understand... nuff said.

Edited by MONKEY.D.LUFFY

before the child is born? how is that possible? i do know of some research that says the child is highly affected by the mother's behavior during pregnancy but i'm not sure if it's possible, is it?

i live in a 'kampung' environment and there's not much to talk/converse in english..which in my case the best way to improve my english is :

1. reading..but i get tired when i have to flip over the dictionary over and over again

2. having a pen pal...the best part is that when you have a pen pal from france, italy or even korea, these guys are just about us. they are not really good in english..so they don't mind about broken english and will do no harm to your self esteem..wakakakkaka

3. chatting..hehehe

but really..my english isn't improving much..hehehe

my own skill to train my speak...

im watch..kartoon with subtitle malay...

and then..u can understand a few word slowly...trust me...

im not really know how to speak...

and im train speak with my father...

no need to shy...just speak with ur friend and ur girl friend...

this for ur life to...for ur future...right?