Sign in to follow this  
pirdaus

Could You Help Me Mastering English

Hello…the aim I write this is to improve my English skill since I decide to do online business, I know, I aware English is very important language to get and understand information on the internet, so many information on the internet in English

I will post my short essay here and hopefully someone can check my essay and adjust if anything wrong in my essay

I was found some tips how to mastering English

============================================================
=============
Petua yang keempat untuk cepat pandai Bahasa Inggeris ialah ‘Berfikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris’. Apakah maksudnya?

Begini. Apabila anda sedang fikirkan sesuatu, anda selalunya berfikir dalam bahasa Ibunda anda sendiri iaitu bahasa Malaysia bagi kita orang Malaysia. Namun, jika anda sedang belajar Bahasa Inggeris dan mahu cepat pandai, anda perlu mula belajar berfikir dalam bahasa ini. Contohnya, apabila anda melihat sekeping gambar seorang budak lelaki sedang menangis, apakah yang akan anda fikirkan? Anda mungkin terfikir, “kenapa budak ni menangis?”, “Siapa buat budak ni menangis?”, “Budak ni sakit ke?” dan bermacam-macam lagi yang boleh anda fikirkan dalam bahasa Ibunda anda. Namun, apabila anda mahu cepat pandai Bahasa Inggeris, fikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris. Contohnya, “Why is this boy crying?”, What is happening here?”, Where is his parents?”, “what is he doing here?” dan bermacam-macam lagi.

Anda mungkin kata, “Macam mana nak buat, saya tak tahu Bahasa Inggeris, macam mana nak fikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris?”. Ya, anda mungkin belum fasih lagi bahasa ini dan apabila anda cuba fikir, mungkin ayat anda tidak betul. Anda tidak perlu risau. Apa yang bagusnya ialah, jika ayat anda salah semasa anda berfikir, tidak ada sesiapa yang tahu dan tidak ada sesiapa yang akan ketawakan anda. Jadi anda boleh berlakon seolah-olah anda sedang bercakap dalam Bahasa Inggeris dengan lancar.

Apabila anda mula berfikir begini, anda juga akan mula peka kepada bagaimana cara melafazkan sesuatu dalam Bahasa Inggeris. Katakan suatu hari, anda sedang berdiri di dalam bas bersama kawan anda dan kawan anda menyuruh anda duduk kerana ada kerusi kosong. Anda mahu katakan “Saya tidak terasa pun hendak duduk, awak je lah duduk.” Tetapi anda tidak tahu bagaimana cara menyebutnya. Anda cuba fikirkan ayatnya tetapi masih tidak dapat bagaimana cara menyebutnya.

Kemudian, apabila anda sedang menonton cerita dalam bahasa Inggeris, ada situasi yang sama seperti di dalam bas tadi. Anda lihat, watak dalam cerita itu berkata “I don’t feel like sitting, why don’t you sit.”. Oleh kerana anda sudah berfikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris tadi, anda akan sedar akan ayat ini dan anda pun boleh menggunakannya.

Anda perlu, salah satu sebab mengapa seseorang sukar menguasai Bahasa Inggeris ialah dia asyik berfikir dalam bahasa Ibundanya. Dia asyik berfikir dalam bahasa Ibunda dan cuba menukarkannya kepada Bahasa Inggeris. Inilah yang menyebabkan proses pembelajaran menjadi sukar.

Jadi mulai hari ini, cuba berfikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris. Jangan risau jika ayat itu salah. Ayat yang salah itu akan betul juga nanti. Selamat mencuba
============

i was translate it to english...that is a result:

always think and speak English in our mind, what that means ?
Like this, when you are thinking about something you always thing in mother tongue
That is a malay language, however if you are studying English language and want to fast mastering, you need to start thinking in this language, for example when you see a piece of picture about boy are crying , what are you thinking? You probably think “ kenapa budak lelaki itu menangis?, “siapa yang buat budak itu menangis?”,”budak ini sakit ke”? and anymore that you could think in your mother tougher . however you want quickly to mastering english language,think in english language . example, “why is this boy crying? What is happening here? Where is his parent,” what is he doing here, “ and any more

Maybe you will say “how to do, I don’t know english, how to think in english?. Yes maybe you have not fluent in this language and when you are try to think, maybe your sentence not correct . you don’t to worry, what is the best is if your sentence is wrong while you are thinking, no body know and no body will laugh to you, so you can act seem you are speaking in english with fluent

When you are thinking like this, you also will sensitive for how the way to say something in english. Let’s say one day, you are stand up in a bus together with your friend and your friend command you to sit at blank chair. You want say “ saya tidak rasa pun hendak dudk, awak je lah yang duduk.”. but you don’t know how to say. You try think that sentence but still not get how to say its

Latter, when you are watch movie in english, has a situation that same like in the bus just now, you see character in that movie say “ I don’t feel like sitting, why don’t you sit,. Because you was think in english just now, you will aware that sentence and you can use that

One of the factor why someone hard to mastering english is he always think in his tougher.he always think in his tougher and try to change to english, this will make the studying process will be hard

So star today, try to think in english, don’t worry if that sentence wrong. The wrong sentence will correct soon, safe try Edited by pirdaus

QUOTE(pirdaus @ Dec 13 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello…the aim I write this is to improve my English skill since I decide to do online business, I know, I aware English is very important language to get and understand information on the internet, so many information on the internet in English

I will post my short essay here and hopefully all of you can check my essay and adjust if anything wrong in my essay

I was found some tips how to mastering English

=============
Petua yang keempat untuk cepat pandai Bahasa Inggeris ialah ‘Berfikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris’. Apakah maksudnya?

Begini. Apabila anda sedang fikirkan sesuatu, anda selalunya berfikir dalam bahasa Ibunda anda sendiri iaitu bahasa Malaysia bagi kita orang Malaysia. Namun, jika anda sedang belajar Bahasa Inggeris dan mahu cepat pandai, anda perlu mula belajar berfikir dalam bahasa ini. Contohnya, apabila anda melihat sekeping gambar seorang budak lelaki sedang menangis, apakah yang akan anda fikirkan? Anda mungkin terfikir, “kenapa budak ni menangis?”, “Siapa buat budak ni menangis?”, “Budak ni sakit ke?” dan bermacam-macam lagi yang boleh anda fikirkan dalam bahasa Ibunda anda. Namun, apabila anda mahu cepat pandai Bahasa Inggeris, fikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris. Contohnya, “Why is this boy crying?”, What is happening here?”, Where is his parents?”, “what is he doing here?” dan bermacam-macam lagi.

Anda mungkin kata, “Macam mana nak buat, saya tak tahu Bahasa Inggeris, macam mana nak fikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris?”. Ya, anda mungkin belum fasih lagi bahasa ini dan apabila anda cuba fikir, mungkin ayat anda tidak betul. Anda tidak perlu risau. Apa yang bagusnya ialah, jika ayat anda salah semasa anda berfikir, tidak ada sesiapa yang tahu dan tidak ada sesiapa yang akan ketawakan anda. Jadi anda boleh berlakon seolah-olah anda sedang bercakap dalam Bahasa Inggeris dengan lancar.

Apabila anda mula berfikir begini, anda juga akan mula peka kepada bagaimana cara melafazkan sesuatu dalam Bahasa Inggeris. Katakan suatu hari, anda sedang berdiri di dalam bas bersama kawan anda dan kawan anda menyuruh anda duduk kerana ada kerusi kosong. Anda mahu katakan “Saya tidak terasa pun hendak duduk, awak je lah duduk.” Tetapi anda tidak tahu bagaimana cara menyebutnya. Anda cuba fikirkan ayatnya tetapi masih tidak dapat bagaimana cara menyebutnya.

Kemudian, apabila anda sedang menonton cerita dalam bahasa Inggeris, ada situasi yang sama seperti di dalam bas tadi. Anda lihat, watak dalam cerita itu berkata “I don’t feel like sitting, why don’t you sit.”. Oleh kerana anda sudah berfikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris tadi, anda akan sedar akan ayat ini dan anda pun boleh menggunakannya.

Anda perlu, salah satu sebab mengapa seseorang sukar menguasai Bahasa Inggeris ialah dia asyik berfikir dalam bahasa Ibundanya. Dia asyik berfikir dalam bahasa Ibunda dan cuba menukarkannya kepada Bahasa Inggeris. Inilah yang menyebabkan proses pembelajaran menjadi sukar.

Jadi mulai hari ini, cuba berfikir dalam Bahasa Inggeris. Jangan risau jika ayat itu salah. Ayat yang salah itu akan betul juga nanti. Selamat mencuba
============

i was translate it to english...that is a result:

always think and speak English in our mind, what that means ?
Like this, when you are thinking about something you always thing in mother tongue
That is a malay language, however if you are studying English language and want to fast mastering, you need to start thinking in this language, for example when you see a piece of picture about boy are crying , what are you thinking? You probably think “ kenapa budak lelaki itu menangis?, “siapa yang buat budak itu menangis?”,”budak ini sakit ke”? and anymore that you could think in your mother tougher . however you want quickly to mastering english language,think in english language . example, “why is this boy crying? What is happening here? Where is his parent,” what is he doing here, “ and any more

Maybe you will say “how to do, I don’t know english, how to think in english?. Yes maybe you have not fluent in this language and when you are try to think, maybe your sentence not correct . you don’t to worry, what is the best is if your sentence is wrong while you are thinking, no body know and no body will laugh to you, so you can act seem you are speaking in english with fluent

When you are thinking like this, you also will sensitive for how the way to say something in english. Let’s say one day, you are stand up in a bus together with your friend and your friend command you to sit at blank chair. You want say “ saya tidak rasa pun hendak dudk, awak je lah yang duduk.”. but you don’t know how to say. You try think that sentence but still not get how to say its

Latter, when you are watch movie in english, has a situation that same like in the bus just now, you see character in that movie say “ I don’t feel like sitting, why don’t you sit,. Because you was think in english just now, you will aware that sentence and you can use that

One of the factor why someone hard to mastering english is he always think in his tougher.he always think in his tougher and try to change to english, this will make the studying process will be hard

So star today, try to think in english, don’t worry if that sentence wrong. The wrong sentence will correct soon, safe try

ph34r.gif
well, i have to give u my credit since there are lots of issues about this language especially translating everything, ur thoughts and so on in english, i'll be glad to lend my hand for ur good sake, well let's do this together, as more brains working are better than 1, so let's go!

Tips on mastering English language is to think in 'English language'. What does it mean?

When you are thinking about something, usually you will give it a thought in your mother tongue language that is Malay Language if you are a Malaysian. If you want to learn and be proficient, you have to think in English language. For instance, when you saw a picture of a boy who is crying, what do you have in mind? You might be thinking "why did he cried?", "who make this boy crying?","is he sick?" in Malay language. To enhance your knowledge in English language, you should think in that language, such as "what is happening here?", "where is his parents?", "what is he doing here" and many more.

You might say, "how am i supposed to do it, i don't know this language, how can i think about it in English language?". Supposedly you are not good with this language and when you give it a certain thought, maybe your sentences are wrong. Not to worry as the good thing about it is if your sentences are wrong when you are thinking about it, nobody will know and laugh at you. You can pretend as if you speak in this language fluently.

When you start to think like this, you will develop awareness on how to express something in English language. Say that one day you are in a bus standing with your friend and he ask you to take a sit as there is a vacant seat. You want to tell that "i don't feel like sitting, why don't you sit" but don't know how to pronounce it.

Suddenly you remembered a scene from a movie which had the same situation in the bus, the character said “I don’t feel like sitting, why don’t you sit.” When you set your mind in English language, you will realize about this sentence and can use it.

Reason why someone is hardly to understand this language is the way he always think in his own language rather than English language. That's why the learning process become more difficult.

From now on, try to think in English language. Don't worry if your sentence is wrong. Eventually, the wrong sentence will be correct somehow. Good luck!

OK, that's my line, hope somebody with enough knowledge to contribute more if u are willing to do so & thx! blink.gif

yup sure did... now u get urself 1 english teacher hehhehe...

When you are thinking about something, usually you will give it a thought in your mother tongue language that is Malay Language if you are a Malaysian. If you want to learn and be proficient, you have to think in English language. For instance, when you saw a picture of a boy who is crying, what do you have in mind? You might be thinking "why did he cried?", "who make this boy crying?","is he sick?" in Malay language. To enhance your knowledge in English language, you should think in that language, such as "what is happening here?", "where is his parents?", "what is he doing here" and many more.

when you saw a picture of a boy who is crying....
I'will say.... Oh... so pity... hehehe...

QUOTE(fiza_cute @ Dec 14 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is kerandut puaka is a teacher??

he/she has a good writing skills..

i bet i wanna learn from you dude!

i think it's a "he"... but the writing is gud rite... even i cant write like dat hehehe...

well, thanks for the compliment, but sorry to disappoint you that i'm not a teacher..yet, hahahahaha!!! I wish i was a teacher right now, well, let's hope for it next year (24th Dec, make my day..) Well, what we have here, teri-chan, i love it when you said that "it's a he", well i'm your man, ready to serve you, ekekekeke...Let's learn and share everything together!!

hello...this is a document that i copy from pdf and paste here...i do this because i want translate the word on that document using citcat.com.....

this is not spam ok
========

GETTING STARTED WITH STUMBLEUPON
When you are in the mood of randomly come up (discover) new web sites and
pages that are interesting to you, StumbleUpon is a fantastic tool to find them.
What so clever about StumbleUpon is that is notices what you do like, and what
you stumble, and through some algorithms, they come up with sites when you
press the Stumble button, usually they are fantastic, or you will never ever come
across them.
There are billions of web pages, but this is a way to broaden your horizon for sites
that you may have never discovered before but the other thing is that it have
awesome marketing potential, which will be shown later in Thirty Day Challenge.
StumbleUpon is one of the social bookmarking sites, but truly it is one of a kind.
The more pages that are given a thumb up (more on this later), the better the site
it would be.
You can utilize that to bring attention to some of your sites too. Ed presumes that
throughout the 30DC, your content is going to make somebody’s day, provide them
with a much needed answer to a problem they’ve had, or provide some value.
If it is none of these things, then all these things will bring the demise much
quicker, and that’s a good thing. The reason this is taught inside preseason is
because all of these social bookmarking sites don’t want to become victim of the
spammers.
They look closely on how people stumble. Of course, the way to always make sure
that you never get accused or be guilty of spamming is of course, do not spam. Use
it as a tool as intended.
Let’s take through the sign up process and install the toolbar into your Flock
browser.
JOINING STUMBLE UPON AND INSTALLING THE TOOLBAR
Obvious enough, to join StumbleUpon, you need to click on the yellow button that
says Join StumbleUpon.

In the registration form, you need to enter email address, a user name, your
birthday, gender and verify that you are a human by entering the words in the
image on the right field.
You can also set the option to Let friends find me by email and Show website
ratings & reviews next to search results. Finally, click on the green Join and
Download Now button.
That will take you to the next step so you can download your StumbleUpon toolbar.
What you also need to do is, when you get your toolbar up, there is a Stumble
button and a whole bunch of buttons, which will be shown later.
Stumble Upon will only get better as you use it and fill in your profile. Once you
setup your profile, this thing is uncanny.
Once you’ve installed the toolbar, here is the screen that appeared on my browser

Of course, you want to sign in first and then check the Sign out when I close the
browser if you are using a public computer. Otherwise, it can be safe to leave it
unchecked to save you from entering user name and password each time you start
the toolbar.
You also want to choose the topics of your interests so StumbleUpon only displays
relevant pages.
START STUMBLING

Start stumbling new web page by clicking on the Stumble! button. If you think this
page is useful or dislike it, the next button in the toolbar is the thumbs up (I like
it!) and thumbs down buttons.
It is not a devastating blow to give someone a thumbs down. It is used mainly by
StumbleUpon to ensure it delivers the top of the web site that you want to see
more of.
If you come across a fresh content and click on the I like it button, you will see a
dialog box.
In

In this dialog box, the Title field will be filled automatically for you. Of course, you
can change it or fix the characters. You can post your own Review, choose a
Topic, Tags, Language and mark if it is an Adult (contains nudity) content.
Put in what you think into the Review area, if you choose to review the page.
Common topics are available in the list to click from, or you can choose from the
list of hundreds of topics from the drop down menu.
Tags are really important. The whole Web 2.0 basically works based on tags,
particularly videos. It is important to get into the habit and start thinking about
tags. Tag is the main word(s) you use to describe that content. Separate multiple
tags with comma.
After submission, the I like button is greyed out. The reason is because you
already stumble it.
You are free to slack off for now and play around with StumbleUpon. Give thumbs
up on the content that you like, thumbs down for the stuff you are not so much
interested in.
There are other things you can do but the two or three buttons are the most
important. You should get into the habit of stumbling the page that you like. That’s
your task over the next few days. It is very easy to do, takes no time, and it also
builds up your profile at StumbleUpon.
It is important that you establish yourself as a real human being because you are
doing real stuff that real human being likes. If you all you do is start stumbling your
own site from the moment you sign on, even your content is great, they will think
you are just spamming using the system.
Think of it as a bank account. By stumbling great sites that you enjoy, you are
literally building up your bank account. You are making deposits. When you use it
to stumble your own content, you are making a draw. You want to make sure you
have plenty in the bank, so to speak.
OTHER FEATURES

Let’s skip to channels. Currently you are in the World icon. That means you
stumble everything, i.e. you go through everything randomly. You can also choose
to stumble Favorites of friends which is an interesting one.
Clicking once on it will immediately bring you randomly to the page in that channel.

If you add Ed as a friend, you will be able to stumble favorites of friends, like
above.

You can see who stumbled upon that page in the toolbar (it is updated as you visit
a page).
The next icon lets you Stumble Upon images, which is interesting thing itself.
Another thing you can stumble is video. Notice that when you click on one of those
icons, the StumbleUpon button will display an icon next to it. In the following
image, it is stumbling video.

Of course, when you click on the StumbleUpon button once again, it will bring
another video.
You can also stumble upon sites. For example, you can choose YouTube and only
stumble videos on YouTube.

Get into the habit of giving thumbs up for content that you like. In 30DC, you will
use StumbleUpon from a marketing perspective but for now let’s focus on this. Use
the next hour to slack off and stumble sites.

QUOTE(pirdaus @ Dec 15 2008, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello...this is a document that i copy from pdf and paste here...i do this because i want translate the word on that document using citcat.com.....

this is not spam ok
========

GETTING STARTED WITH STUMBLEUPON
When you are in the mood of randomly come up (discover) new web sites and
pages that are interesting to you, StumbleUpon is a fantastic tool to find them.
What so clever about StumbleUpon is that is notices what you do like, and what
you stumble, and through some algorithms, they come up with sites when you
press the Stumble button, usually they are fantastic, or you will never ever come
across them.
There are billions of web pages, but this is a way to broaden your horizon for sites
that you may have never discovered before but the other thing is that it have
awesome marketing potential, which will be shown later in Thirty Day Challenge.
StumbleUpon is one of the social bookmarking sites, but truly it is one of a kind.
The more pages that are given a thumb up (more on this later), the better the site
it would be.
You can utilize that to bring attention to some of your sites too. Ed presumes that
throughout the 30DC, your content is going to make somebody’s day, provide them
with a much needed answer to a problem they’ve had, or provide some value.
If it is none of these things, then all these things will bring the demise much
quicker, and that’s a good thing. The reason this is taught inside preseason is
because all of these social bookmarking sites don’t want to become victim of the
spammers.
They look closely on how people stumble. Of course, the way to always make sure
that you never get accused or be guilty of spamming is of course, do not spam. Use
it as a tool as intended.
Let’s take through the sign up process and install the toolbar into your Flock
browser.
JOINING STUMBLE UPON AND INSTALLING THE TOOLBAR
Obvious enough, to join StumbleUpon, you need to click on the yellow button that
says Join StumbleUpon.

In the registration form, you need to enter email address, a user name, your
birthday, gender and verify that you are a human by entering the words in the
image on the right field.
You can also set the option to Let friends find me by email and Show website
ratings & reviews next to search results. Finally, click on the green Join and
Download Now button.
That will take you to the next step so you can download your StumbleUpon toolbar.
What you also need to do is, when you get your toolbar up, there is a Stumble
button and a whole bunch of buttons, which will be shown later.
Stumble Upon will only get better as you use it and fill in your profile. Once you
setup your profile, this thing is uncanny.
Once you’ve installed the toolbar, here is the screen that appeared on my browser

Of course, you want to sign in first and then check the Sign out when I close the
browser if you are using a public computer. Otherwise, it can be safe to leave it
unchecked to save you from entering user name and password each time you start
the toolbar.
You also want to choose the topics of your interests so StumbleUpon only displays
relevant pages.
START STUMBLING

Start stumbling new web page by clicking on the Stumble! button. If you think this
page is useful or dislike it, the next button in the toolbar is the thumbs up (I like
it!) and thumbs down buttons.
It is not a devastating blow to give someone a thumbs down. It is used mainly by
StumbleUpon to ensure it delivers the top of the web site that you want to see
more of.
If you come across a fresh content and click on the I like it button, you will see a
dialog box.
In

In this dialog box, the Title field will be filled automatically for you. Of course, you
can change it or fix the characters. You can post your own Review, choose a
Topic, Tags, Language and mark if it is an Adult (contains nudity) content.
Put in what you think into the Review area, if you choose to review the page.
Common topics are available in the list to click from, or you can choose from the
list of hundreds of topics from the drop down menu.
Tags are really important. The whole Web 2.0 basically works based on tags,
particularly videos. It is important to get into the habit and start thinking about
tags. Tag is the main word(s) you use to describe that content. Separate multiple
tags with comma.
After submission, the I like button is greyed out. The reason is because you
already stumble it.
You are free to slack off for now and play around with StumbleUpon. Give thumbs
up on the content that you like, thumbs down for the stuff you are not so much
interested in.
There are other things you can do but the two or three buttons are the most
important. You should get into the habit of stumbling the page that you like. That’s
your task over the next few days. It is very easy to do, takes no time, and it also
builds up your profile at StumbleUpon.
It is important that you establish yourself as a real human being because you are
doing real stuff that real human being likes. If you all you do is start stumbling your
own site from the moment you sign on, even your content is great, they will think
you are just spamming using the system.
Think of it as a bank account. By stumbling great sites that you enjoy, you are
literally building up your bank account. You are making deposits. When you use it
to stumble your own content, you are making a draw. You want to make sure you
have plenty in the bank, so to speak.
OTHER FEATURES

Let’s skip to channels. Currently you are in the World icon. That means you
stumble everything, i.e. you go through everything randomly. You can also choose
to stumble Favorites of friends which is an interesting one.
Clicking once on it will immediately bring you randomly to the page in that channel.

If you add Ed as a friend, you will be able to stumble favorites of friends, like
above.

You can see who stumbled upon that page in the toolbar (it is updated as you visit
a page).
The next icon lets you Stumble Upon images, which is interesting thing itself.
Another thing you can stumble is video. Notice that when you click on one of those
icons, the StumbleUpon button will display an icon next to it. In the following
image, it is stumbling video.

Of course, when you click on the StumbleUpon button once again, it will bring
another video.
You can also stumble upon sites. For example, you can choose YouTube and only
stumble videos on YouTube.

Get into the habit of giving thumbs up for content that you like. In 30DC, you will
use StumbleUpon from a marketing perspective but for now let’s focus on this. Use
the next hour to slack off and stumble sites.

ph34r.gif
Well, i wonder how to deal with this. Firstly i need to occupy myself with a hot shower, then only my brain will start to work, i feel like i'm almost done for the day, owh..

QUOTE(cullex @ Dec 31 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello..i just got some tips to improve my english...thanks for the essay up there.
anymore tips?

once upon a time, when i was still struggling to improve my english.... i become very familiar wit the oxfprd dictionary. From there, i learn how to say the word, it's usage etc.. i read a lot. if i found word that i don't understand, then i refer to the dictionary.... sometimes when i'm refering to one particular word, i might found another word that i don't know from the discription.... so i keep on refering to the dictionary.... that's how i begin to improve my english...
psst... use only english dictionary... don't ever refer to eng-bm dictonary.

and yes... in learning a language, we have to think in that particular language... coz it's very difficult to think in malay and translate the word to english.

good luck

yes, definitely any methods are suffice in order to gain more about this language. For me, watching the television, any show in english will be helpful enough for those who savor much of it. Come to think that even newspaper helps a lot (but it doesn't help you to pronounce the right thing, bet me..) so watch news for sure, learn the pronounciation in a way a Malaysian should be laugh.gif

wow there is a lot of people who really can speak and write english very well...4 me to learn english the most important things u must do is to look for a dictionary...well i'm use to be like grammar and words a lot and i enjoyed writing essays as many as i could...but to master english u need to improvise ur words n write using a word that are synonym and more complex...well like i'm writing now...i only use an easy word that's because i'm lack of knowledge about words...there are several ways to master english asap...u have to watch a lot of english movies, reading english newspaper n news, reading an english novel, listening to english music, n dun forget to do an essay as much as u can..gud english u have to combine both words, vocab and also grammar...if u only have gud word but ur grammar are bad than u will not mastered ur english...4 me until now i'm still learning to be gud in english...i hope oneday with my method and from the others we can all together mastered our english...that's all...n thanks... Edited by haziqnet

Salam, hello to all.

Simple steps to have at least a good basic command of English:

1) Learn the basics well - grammar

2) Use English whenever possible, especially with your friends and families. I'm not saying that we have to be an Englishman who speaks English 24/7; just for certain period of time. Try having simple daily conversations, for example; what movie are we going to watch tonight, giving directions, . etc.

3) When watching tv in English language, try not to read the subtitles. if possible, switch off the subtitle function. If you afraid that you couldn't understand, do this with anybody who's English is good. The next one would probably memorize few songs in English language that you like. If possible, try to understand the meaning of the song/lyrics.

4) Preferably, use English only dictionary; avoid bilingual. It may be hard at first, but it's for the best. Besides, the explanations inside a typical English dictionary are in normal understandable English language.

5) Lastly, practice3x and always check with your English teacher or someone who is good in English.

I myself must learn more...Frankly, my English is not as good comparing with my college and university days. Ok, good luck. :)

Just one simple different but a related real story about learning a foreign language. it's about passion and hard work.

During my secondary school, i chose French as my 3rd language. no worries it's just basic like kindergarten level, plus i forgot most of it already because i haven't use it for a long2 time..my bad, haha. Je suis tres desole. Je parle le francais mais un peu. hehee..the story came from my French teacher, our local Malaysian Chinese of course. He is one great teacher at teaching French. Once we asked how could he master French; he revealed the story.

He went to France to further his studies in err i forgot already in what majoring, but during his teaching days his collective qualifications are up to par with the school's principal. So for sure he has to master French back then. His tutor that time teaches French in....French...yeah go figure..It's like sign language or in Bahasa Melayu we say "macam cakap ayam itik". hahaaha...so difficult but in order to understand the language he did everything he could. until he master the language. Just imagine, to ask to go to toilet in French, which if you didn't master well...It may sound completely rubbish or rude.

you know, not all French people know or prefer to speak in English those days, especially the elders. not sure nowadays; thats what my French teacher told me. they even will salute you if you speak broken French to them. to them it's a good thing to at least try. they really honour their language. just like most Japanese officers or delegates who hires English translators during meeting with foreigners who speaks English although they know English language themselves.

funny, but true. so to know is to love. Edited by parangjiwa

[quote name='anis73' timestamp='1230790800' post='906181']
QUOTE(cullex @ Dec 31 2008, 04:13 PM) hello..i just got some tips to improve my english...thanks for the essay up there.
anymore tips?

once upon a time, when i was still struggling to improve my english.... i become very familiar wit the oxfprd dictionary. From there, i learn how to say the word, it's usage etc.. i read a lot. if i found word that i don't understand, then i refer to the dictionary.... sometimes when i'm refering to one particular word, i might found another word that i don't know from the discription.... so i keep on refering to the dictionary.... that's how i begin to improve my english...
psst... use only english dictionary... don't ever refer to eng-bm dictonary.

and yes... in learning a language, we have to think in that particular language... coz it's very difficult to think in malay and translate the word to english.

good luck
[/quote]

correct! Well done. Good luck to all of us in mastering English language.

Hi.

Check this out ^^

[url="http://forum.putera.com/tanya/index.php/topic/88853-wts-anglophone-english-course/"]http://forum.putera.com/tanya/[/url]

i think i should try first and then all of you correcting me if i'm wrong..

pukul berapa anda habis waktu sekolah?

what time you finish your school our today?

mana nur?...dia tak keluar lagi ker?

where is nur?...does she still not go out from school?

[quote name='wan_zaid' timestamp='1313356061' post='1071149']
i think i should try first and then all of you correcting me if i'm wrong..

pukul berapa anda habis waktu sekolah?

what time you finish your school our today?

mana nur?...dia tak keluar lagi ker? [b]--> where is nur?.. is she not go out yet?[/b]

where is nur?...does she still not go out from school? [b]<--- sentence above not mention any school[/b]
[/quote]

Please correct me if I am wrong.. still in learning process...

i agree with saifulputre..most of us can understand what they say but we're so hardly to speak to them back including me..plz anyone here who was truly zero to hero give us some advise because they are truly understand what we need...